HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Mathews certification?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/246385-mathews-certification.html)

Vabowman 05-17-2008 12:48 PM

Mathews certification??

anyone on here been certified by Mathews to work on Mathews bows?? Is there some class? Is it 3 hrs, 4 days 2 yrs?? I mean what is it?? I hear some people talking about getting Mathews certified, what does this mean??? Did they go to school for this, take a 2 hr class??

Deleted User 05-17-2008 03:02 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

whitetailbowhunter 05-17-2008 03:33 PM

RE: Mathews certification??

I don't know but I know Bowtech gives a course on how to service their bow etc. Don't know how long it is though.

Vabowman 05-17-2008 03:48 PM

well I ask because the local hunting store in the next city over just opened an archery shop about a month ago and when they did they did not have anyone in there that knew how to work on bows. Now the two guys that were working there are now "Mathews Certified" ok explain to me....

whitetailbowhunter 05-17-2008 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

well I ask because the local hunting store in the next city over just opened an archery shop about a month ago and when they did they did not have anyone in there that knew how to work on bows. Now the two guys that were working there are now "Mathews Certified" ok explain to me....
I'm assuming that they got a course from Mathews. Kinda kinda like the Bowtech certification.

Vabowman 05-17-2008 04:43 PM

so this means they know it all?? :D

whitetailbowhunter 05-17-2008 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

so this means they know it all?? :D
Or at least they think so.[:-]:D

psearcher4life 05-17-2008 06:48 PM

Yes Mathews does offer a class, my dealer sends all his staff to attend this class. He just came back from there this past Thurs. himself. They have also been to the one Bowtech offers as well. Pse has an excellent school as well.

Vabowman 05-18-2008 08:04 AM

So it's just a few hrs and your done?? Certified?? geez man, and then shop advertises they have two fully certified Mathews techs. Wow. These guys are killing me. and that is for any company. I mean it's fine to have a class, but to hold one and then become a certified tech in one day, is this correct???

MGH_PA 05-18-2008 08:08 AM

Eh, most of the "pro" shops in my area don't impress me much, so I'm starting to do the work myself. If I encounter a problem, I ask here, and keep moving forward. I'm like this with my trucks, I may as well be just as sufficient with my bow work.