Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech Commander >

Bowtech Commander

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Commander

Old 05-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Commander

I have owned a 07....actually the one that oilpatch shoots.....great bows...the only reason that I sold mine was a switch to LH for eye dominance reasons. I went to a 101 to see what they are all about...love it so far, but I am here to tell you that I can not see my self without a Commander in my future. Its a great bow.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

I have owned a 07....actually the one that oilpatch shoots.....great bows...the only reason that I sold mine was a switch to LH for eye dominance reasons. I went to a 101 to see what they are all about...love it so far, but I am here to tell you that I can not see my self without a Commander in my future. Its a great bow.

Once again thanks Ben...that is a sweet bow....
Old 05-19-2008, 04:00 PM

I have read that a lot of shooters get a view of the cables through their peep sights with both the Commanders and the Guardians. This would bother me. Have any of you had this problem? If so, were you able to eliminate it by just adding an aftermarket cable slide? Does a different cable slide promote cam lean with these bows?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont have this problem at all and I believe I have the stock cable slide....If that was happening it seems to me that your fletchings would hit the cables too...I just went and drew mine and the cables are just outside my view through the peep, however they are not within view....Western Outdoors, that would bother me too if it were happening......I was looking at the bow trying to figure out what would cause that and I don't see anything that would cause that....????
Old 05-19-2008, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: oilpatchpride

I dont have this problem at all and I believe I have the stock cable slide....If that was happening it seems to me that your fletchings would hit the cables too...I just went and drew mine and the cables are just outside my view through the peep, however they are not within view....Western Outdoors, that would bother me too if it were happening......I was looking at the bow trying to figure out what would cause that and I don't see anything that would cause that....????
I've been trying to read reviews on the Commander bow. The only downfalls I have really read were about the cables in the peep fieldof view, and there have been fletching clearance issues due to thedesign of the binary cam. I'm still kind of torn with this bow, and whether I would like the long ATA and extra weight. It would only be used for hunting, and primarily spot and stalk. Unfortunately the shops around here don't carry it in stock so I can try one. They all pretty much have the General or the Guardian. I like the current bows I have, but just recently gotten addicted to having more bows. Like potato chips, it's hard to stop at just one. My current bows are 33" ATA. I was just curiousif the longer ATA really does make itmuch more forgiving. A lot of the hunters I read about indifferent magazines use longer bows.
I was just thinking of picking up a used Commander in good shape, but unfortunately I can't try one out around here. I guess I can seehow the Guardian feels to me. Other than the obvious ATA difference, how do the Guardian and Commanderfeel side by side (draw, back wall, shot)?Your opinions, which would be better forstrictly hunting(Guardian or Commander)?I have 29" draw and shoot 65lbs. Thanks for everyones input.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: western outdoors

ORIGINAL: oilpatchpride

I've been trying to read reviews on the Commander bow. The only downfalls I have really read were about the cables in the peep fieldof view, and there have been fletching clearance issues due to thedesign of the binary cam. I'm still kind of torn with this bow, and whether I would like the long ATA and extra weight. It would only be used for hunting, and primarily spot and stalk. Unfortunately the shops around here don't carry it in stock so I can try one. They all pretty much have the General or the Guardian. I like the current bows I have, but just recently gotten addicted to having more bows. Like potato chips, it's hard to stop at just one. My current bows are 33" ATA. I was just curiousif the longer ATA really does make itmuch more forgiving. A lot of the hunters I read about indifferent magazines use longer bows.
I was just thinking of picking up a used Commander in good shape, but unfortunately I can't try one out around here. I guess I can seehow the Guardian feels to me. Other than the obvious ATA difference, how do the Guardian and Commanderfeel side by side (draw, back wall, shot)?Your opinions, which would be better forstrictly hunting(Guardian or Commander)?I have 29" draw and shoot 65lbs. Thanks for everyones input.
I too bought mine used from Ben and was worried as this was the first used bow I had ever bought but like you I already had three when I bought this one, so I didn't want to spend the nmoney for a new one and as you know I love it.......
I haven't shot the general so I couldn't help you with that but hell I hadn't even shot a commander when I bought it from Ben....I have a 29 1/2 draw and the bow is set at 65 lbs.....I dont know where you live but if you are near conroe texas you can come shoot mine......