Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Nuges song "Fred Bear" >

The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Old 05-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Spike

Default RE: The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Great song, we used to crank it up in my dorms in college at 4am before every hunt. Ya, its a little corny, but I like it.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Vabowman I too stand up infront of a classroom and deal with many personalities every day. I've been doing it now for almost 25 years and doing it very successfully. In fact I'm a senior mentor for beginning and young teachers in our division, (district to you), and I assist many with the balancing of careers and personal life. I most likely understand the personal trials that you face daily with your chosen career. With that said, "a song can't be gay". It can be cheezy, goofy, the lyrics and be bad, the rhythem off, it can be dated or past it's significance but it can't be "gay". There goes all the money spent on education and the years of experience once we revert to our client's vocabulary (middle year clients that is). By the way I like the song. Great way to get pumped at 4 am on the way to the stand.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:44 AM

I can't believe that Im actually getting grilled for saying that the song was gay. Did I say gay as in I thought it was homosexual?? NO! Did I say gay to offend gays? NO! I said gay, because it describes something that I thought was corny, I mean all of a sudden everyone wants to be PC over something so silly. Come on yall. So now everyone is the moral police too??? Geez, I feel like that actor from Gray's Anatomy that got canned for his use of words about gays and I have not said anything to offend!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just pulling your chain (.....How many days till summer? We all could use a break.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:50 AM

18!!!! DAYS AND Im ready!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

I would say that Fred liked Ted. Fred would invite him up to his camp often and he was also invited to Fred's 80th birthday party. It's prettyclear how much Ted looked up to Fred.

Ted sent me several copies of the song when it first came out.
I think the song is great. It's got a good guitar hook. Ted isn't the greatest singer. But I thought hedid a pretty goodjob on this song.

My dad isn't much into rock and roll or the screaming guitar for that matter. But mydad was great friends with Fred and when he heard this song it brought a tear to his eye.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Vab everyone is a bit touchy about the gay word I guess, to be honest I'm not really sure why but so be it I guess! Either way you don't care for the song, who cares right!? I don't like allot of songs others like, who really cares also!!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:41 AM

I reckon Steve. I realize not everyone agrees with my taste, but to call me out and criticize me for something like this, geez, oh well, thick skinned like the giraffe!!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I reckon Steve. I realize not everyone agrees with my taste, but to call me out and criticize me for something like this, geez, oh well, thick skinned like the giraffe!!
I agree with ya!! You'll be fine!!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

Vabowman I too stand up infront of a classroom and deal with many personalities every day. I've been doing it now for almost 25 years and doing it very successfully. In fact I'm a senior mentor for beginning and young teachers in our division, (district to you), and I assist many with the balancing of careers and personal life. I most likely understand the personal trials that you face daily with your chosen career. With that said, "a song can't be gay". It can be cheezy, goofy, the lyrics and be bad, the rhythem off, it can be dated or past it's significance but it can't be "gay". There goes all the money spent on education and the years of experience once we revert to our client's vocabulary (middle year clients that is). By the way I like the song. Great way to get pumped at 4 am on the way to the stand.
Can it be "phat"?

Quick Reply: The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.