Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Nuges song "Fred Bear" >

The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Old 05-21-2008, 02:03 PM

Default RE: The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

ORIGINAL: slayer_54

paul- by not impressed do u mean he's a "jerk"... egotistical..... what are ya saying? i have yet to meet him and i could see him being a "jerk" if u dint agree with him on politics or something of that matter. and yea he could be egotistical but the bottom line is he can shoot bow-dang good. instinctively! can u name off any guy on TV with a hunitng show worth watching that shoots instinctivly and can drop animals at 75yds?
Yes, mainly his ego. He has his lucid moments but you never know what you will get when you talk to him. I will agree he is a good archer and a good musician though. As far as his show, I don't really care for it. Don't really care for any of them on tv really. As far as naming someone that can drop a deer at 75 yards with a bow, I can't think of anyone that can do it consistently, including Ted. I know plenty that will wing arrows at them with no concern for wounding an animal, and Ted is included in that group. You could be a good hunter too if you owned your own fenced in ranch and could scout with an OV-10 airplane.

I'm sure he can be an alright guy though if you get to know him well enough, everyone has friends. Hell I even have a few and I'm an ass too.

Paul
Old 05-21-2008, 02:04 PM

Oh, and I mostly root for Gordon because it gets other people upset, and he is one heck of a driver.

Paul
Old 05-22-2008, 02:23 PM

I want to clarify something here. I come off as a real Nugent hater, and that really isn't the case. I don't hate the guy, I don't even really know him that well. I have met him in passing a few times, and know a few guys that have worked at his ranch doing construction, and I know a girl that used to work on his website.

I'm sure he is an alright guy when you get to know him and get used to him. I would share a campfire him, it's not like I would get up and walk out of a place if he showed up. He can be funny as hell sometimes.

I just don't idolize the guy is all, and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way or pay money to spend time with him. I don't think he is evil or anything like that, just a bit too over the top for me is all.

Just wanted to get that out there since every time this subject comes up I only seem to have negative things to say about the guy.

I will concede that he is a talented musician and a good archer. Guitar god and hunting Idol? Not in my book.

Paul
Old 05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a good song but not a great one IMO!