Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Nuges song "Fred Bear" >

The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Old 05-19-2008, 10:08 AM

Default RE: The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

I think the song is gay in the same way I think a lot of 80's pop metal was gay. end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, itcan't be phat either I guess!!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Gay" as in happy and gay? Or "gay" as a lame, pen shooting adulterous egomaniac Gay?

I have been gone for a few days and wasn't sure how "gay" we were talking.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 AM

gay as in completely corny, or just absolutely GAY!!!! Not homosexual, just......you know stupid...
Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

It's not that well written of a song. I guess guys can take what they want from it, but I have never been impressed with it. In fact, I reall don't think that Ted's really has what I would consider a good song, but his guitar playing has always impressed me.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Love the song. But maybe not the best ever written.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

Vabowman I too stand up infront of a classroom and deal with many personalities every day. I've been doing it now for almost 25 years and doing it very successfully. In fact I'm a senior mentor for beginning and young teachers in our division, (district to you), and I assist many with the balancing of careers and personal life. I most likely understand the personal trials that you face daily with your chosen career. With that said, "a song can't be gay". It can be cheezy, goofy, the lyrics and be bad, the rhythem off, it can be dated or past it's significance but it can't be "gay". There goes all the money spent on education and the years of experience once we revert to our client's vocabulary (middle year clients that is). By the way I like the song. Great way to get pumped at 4 am on the way to the stand.
I believe that if you check your dictionary you will see that "cheesy" used in this context would be considered slang. That being the case I believe that the word "gay" is also used as a slang word. If your reasoning holds true and cheesy is not slang then your saying that the song is "resembling or suggesting cheese esp. in consistancy or oder". Or "containing cheese".

I'm not trying to pick on you but since 1968 it's been my job to torment teachers
Old 05-19-2008, 10:39 AM

magic you need to explain that to the others on here, not me, I know it is slang!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

magic you need to explain that to the others on here, not me, I know it is slang!
VA, I wasn't pointing my bow at you
Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fred Bear would beat down Ted "Rainbow Alliance" Nugent without a moment's hesitation. He'd deliver the shocker, and Uncle Teddy wouldn't know whether to cry or wind his watch.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:44 AM

I know magic, it's all goodquick, Im being ripped for using a term...."gay" what are your thoughts on this term. Is it an evil term? is it forbidden? can we not say a song is Gay without persecution??

Quick Reply: The Nuges song "Fred Bear"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.