Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ever lost confidence in your equipment >

Ever lost confidence in your equipment

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever lost confidence in your equipment

Old 05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ever lost confidence in your equipment

I have had 5 diifernt bows this year alone, reason being trying to adapt to changes in cam designs, trying new things, and trying to find the right combination that felt right

I have done this once or twice in the past and it has a drastic impact to your confidence - I have won major tournaments in the past including the Fla state championship, and Fl Broadhead championship- granted that was in the late 80's and not tooting my own horn - but my confidence in my gear was higher then than ever before

But I think due to some of the early succuess in archery I always strive to be at that level in anything I do - to be honest it plain takes the fun right out of it

I am at the point now, where I got my Katera XL back from last year - for one reason it felt right and felt like the right package all together - shooting it over the last two weeks - I have tweaked it and modified sights and changed a few things - I am now enjoying the hell outta shooting and feel my confidence in this set-up is close to 100% I believe in my abilities and believe I have the right gear for me -

I do not believe I will ever get to those early days again(glory days if you will) due to time constraints and everything else in life - Nor do I think I want to - I will continue to practice up to 40 yards which is my realistic range for hunting - mainly because it is the max range i can get at the house - anyone else go through these stages or periods and how has impacted you- I am at peace with my decision and the joy has come back to archery
Old 05-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ever lost confidence in your equipment

Never, because I buy quality equipment that I believe will best suit my personal needs and desires.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i lost confidence with my bowtech so i switched to a switchback XT, now i dont have that problem
Old 05-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never my equipment, but myself.[&:]
Old 05-14-2008, 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Never my equipment, but myself.[&:]

Kinda what he said. I've only owned two "real" compounds. A Mathews Feather-Max and a Marting Bengal. There were plenty of times with that old Mathews that I lost confidence because I couldn't figure out to correct the problem...sometimes I couldn't even figure out what the problem was!! But it has always boiled down to lost confidence in my own shooting or tuning abilities/knowledge. Not the actual product.

Broadhead might be a different story...but that's why I strictly keep to the KISS principle there.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The answer to the question is no,but I did lose confidence in the shooter![&:]
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

guess you guys hit in the head what I was trying to say was mentally shot and lost confidence - but at the same time certain bows you owned performed better than others - i have had bows no matter what couldn't get tuned or consistent and bows I wished i had never sold - anyhow think I will holding onto this one awhile - the gas prices and everything else going up will see to that
Old 05-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, thats why I bought my new bow this year.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

YES!!!!

Lets just say the bow went for a15 foot flight straight down one morning out of the stand!![:@][:@][:@]

Missed two deer in two days one shot no more then 5-7yds!! Turns out my sight had come loose[:-][:-][][>:]!! Tightned the screws and guess what still shooting the bow today!!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

1970, you talking bout the commander?

Quick Reply: Ever lost confidence in your equipment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.