Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rattle snakes are starting to come out. >

rattle snakes are starting to come out.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rattle snakes are starting to come out.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:55 AM

Default RE: rattle snakes are starting to come out.

My hunting buddy just seen a 5 foot rattle snake on the road to his cabin
Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call me a poacher PTI wont even look at the book on a rattle snake. I dont like snakes.... I can handle the 'ol Black snake, but thats about as far as it goes, Now I havent evern seen one(rattler) around here, but I'm pretty sure they're around.[&:]
Old 05-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

like I said, ignorance

snakes are beneficial to the ecosystem. ya'll call yourselves sportsman on one hand, and then on the other kill every snake you see and that shows your true colors

I doubt 1 of 10 here can even identify common snakes, much less know poisonous from non-poisonous. I'm not an expert by far, but watching people who call themselves sportsman and conservationists slaughter animals for no reason again just shows the ignorance many people have.

If you don't have a damn good reason to kill it, don't. Its very likely against the law anyway (its is in my state anyway) and killing a snake illegally is absolutley just as much poaching as shooting a big velvet buck in July.

I'm ashamed that I have to be associated with hunters like ya'll []
Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

like I said, ignorance

snakes are beneficial to the ecosystem. ya'll call yourselves sportsman on one hand, and then on the other kill every snake you see and that shows your true colors

I doubt 1 of 10 here can even identify common snakes, much less know poisonous from non-poisonous. I'm not an expert by far, but watching people who call themselves sportsman and conservationists slaughter animals for no reason again just shows the ignorance many people have.

If you don't have a damn good reason to kill it, don't. Its very likely against the law anyway (its is in my state anyway) and killing a snake illegally is absolutley just as much poaching as shooting a big velvet buck in July.

Like i said call me a poacher, i come accross a rattler.... Im NOT taking any chances. Honest answer. I dont know what the laws are and really dont care, same goes for spiders too, I can handle them better, but if it dont look like your commmon mailbox spider than it better leave my sight.... same with a snake.

EDIT: I will add by saying this, if the things on a dead run to get away from me, Im not going to chase it down to kill it, that would be defeating the purpose of staying out of any potentiol emergency room visits.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

You don't have to be!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 AM

I've already smoked 3 big rattlers this spring with my .357 snake shot. God i love doing that. I hate snakes more than anything in this world, especially rattlers. No argument any man could make would stop me from killing every rattler i see. I don't need to have a hunting season cut short by my ass in a hospital getting anti-venom viles.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's kind of funny how some people are soafraid of snakes. Some burly guy who will stand up to anything and anyone, yet put a snake in front of him, and he will run like a little girl. I personally really like rattlesnakes, fried that is. If I do kill a rattler, and I've killed several, I eat it. They are delicious. I won't kill one just to kill it. It's a bonus to come up on a 5 or 6 footer while hunting. There is no law in Louisiana stating you cannot kill snakes. Most people who come across one do kill it.I don't kill every snake I come across, and in LA., I come across them all the time.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 AM

As long as they are not acting aggressive towards me or my kids I will just let them be.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

do they have a season? I mean, is it legal to just kill them? ,,,Before anyone thinks I'm judging, I'm not .....just asking a question ...
Yes, in Oklahoma there is an establishedrattlesnake season ... and it is currently open
What about copperheads?? I too live in Oklahoma and I shot one this weekend I didn't even think about there being a season for snakes. Oh well, he is dead now LOL!!! Anyways, I posted a short story on the other snake thread.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

nothing tastes better than rattle snake yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

Quick Reply: rattle snakes are starting to come out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.