Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Morgan's Story

Old 05-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Morgan's Story

I had this posted in the off season but I think it would be a better fit for here sense its a story aobut archery.
This is a cool story, in addition to fighting breast cancer it shows the inportance of Archery In Schools for our young kids and teens. Talk about a awesome program.

http://nasparchery.com/morgans_story/

If I may say something else. I know that we all have our favorite brand of bows, and they are all good and they have their loyal fans. But with that said I think Matt Mcpherson,owner of Mathews, deserves a hugepaton the back. With out him there would be no NASP program. For those who don't like Mathews Iwant to point out this.If you log onto either the NASP web site, or the Genesis web site in no way are Mathews bows pushed. If you notice even the Genesis bows are made by another company. Sure they areowned of course by Matt but you will not see that being advertised or pushed. Instead what you'll findis a pushtowards the Archery In Schools Program. With all the trouble that our kids face today, this is like a light in the darknessfor them at school.Nolonger are the unathletic type kids left out, everyone can do it and enjoy it if they so want.My own kids are young right now and we will be going to Colorado for a short time for me. But when I get back to Idaho I sure hope that I can help bring this program to our schools around here in south east Idaho. My goal is to do it before my kids are in HighSchool Only good will come of it, and if done right I see it being a blessingin many of kids life. Just like it has been for Morgan. Anyway again I want to give Matt apat on the back and I look foward to being a part of this program in the future.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Morgan's Story

That was very interesting. Thanks for posting!!

Tim
Old 05-13-2008, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

A very cool and refreshing story.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats an excellent story!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Great post and story.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great read forsure. As a NASP instructor myselfhere at River City Middle school, I can honestly say our Outdoor Ed and Archery Units are the two most requested electives in the school. A big contributor being Mathews...areason why I bought my youngest boy the Genesis as well..

Here are a few pix..

Old 05-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats great Troy!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't get wrapped up in archery manufacturers or fanboy mentiality, but after reading that story and seeing what Matt McPherson is doing for breast cancer after having lost my mother to the disease in 1994 I have to say that I am now proud to shoot a Mathews.

Great story Idaho, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great story, thanks!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics Troy thanks for sharing, I need to give you a call and ask a few questions about the program. Our high school kids do come and shoot archery at our shop in the Lifetime sports PE class. But its nothing like the NASP program. Like I said I hope to bring this program here to the schools around Idaho Falls. Any advice you have I would love to hear.