Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 life expectancy of a bow? >

life expectancy of a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

life expectancy of a bow?

Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default life expectancy of a bow?

With these new faster, lighter, bows? How many shots? has the life expectancy lowered over the years?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:46 PM

Default RE: life expectancy of a bow?

I really don't know anyone who has worn one out. New strings as needed. I suppose eventually the little bearings in the cams would wear out. I know someone who has an old Hoyt Pro Vantage Hunter that must have had 50,000 shots through it. Still slinging arrows on its 20th or so string set.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

how long can a bowstring last?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 PM

Most folks say every two years if you don't shoot a bunch. If you are a real shooting maching, like many on this board, though; mightgo throughthree sets or more in a year.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

If you are a real shooting maching, like many on this board, though;
So what qualifies as a 'shooting machine'?

How many arrows a week/month/year you talking about?

5000 shots a year isabout 12 shots a day.

15000 shots a year is a bit over 40 arrows a day.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:48 AM

i figure the life expectancy has increased. better design, better materials... It is assumed that you must change out the strings here and there, but I really believe my bows will be shootable even when I'm gone. plus all of mine are lifetime on materials. The bow companys will just have to send me new stuff if I break it.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:22 PM

i figure the life expectancy has increased. better design, better materials... It is assumed that you must change out the strings here and there, but I really believe my bows will be shootable even when I'm gone. plus all of mine are lifetime on materials. The bow companys will just have to send me new stuff if I break it.
Me too.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Everything is better. Bows are Quieter, have Less Vibration, and yes are Lots Faster than they were a few years ago. My Airborne 82nd has a Lifetime warranty so I am sure it would serve me for years if need be.

I like New toys too much to hang onto a bow long. That's always been a weakness for me

Dan
Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 PM

I'd say the mortality rate has dropped if anything. I deserve to be shot...or em, have a bow blow up in face...but I shot my old Mathews feather-max with 6gr/pound for almost 10 years on one string/cable set. Never gave me a problem.

(Granted, some may shoot more in 2 years than I did in 10...but I think storage can be as rough, sometimes, on certain equipment as actual use is. I'm not sure how bows fit into that equation though.)

Quick Reply: life expectancy of a bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.