HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Undertaker Broadheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/245860-undertaker-broadheads.html)

western outdoors 05-12-2008 04:51 PM

Undertaker Broadheads

I was just curious if anyone has tried the Trophy Ridge Undertaker broadheads, and what they think of them. I was thinking of trying a different mechanical head, and this was one that caught my eye. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!

frankensteel 05-12-2008 08:23 PM

RE: Undertaker Broadheads

I bought them through Cabelas before they were called "undertakers". They were not sharp enough as purchased so I disassembled and sharpened. This was a pain.
Perhaps the undertakers are sharper. Check before buying if you can.
Unfortunately I did not get a shot but I really like the design.

5 shot 05-13-2008 04:46 AM

They did well in my tests. I have a full review on the website.

Steven McBee 05-13-2008 05:47 AM

werent these the pistonpoint broadheads?

YooperMike 05-13-2008 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

werent these the pistonpoint broadheads?
Yup.

giantkillertate 05-13-2008 08:11 AM

I bought some last year when they were piston point andwas not happy with the sharpness as well. I have talked to c/s at Trophy Ridge and they told me that was the first thing they were going to take care of along with making a replacement blade kit for them.
I did get to shoot a doe with them and let me tell ya these things don't mess around. She ran about 30 yrds and was taking a dirt nap. Also the blood trail was something out of a horror movie. I would recomend them.

western outdoors 05-13-2008 08:49 AM

I emailed Trophy Ridge myself. Here is my email and their response.

[I've been considering trying these broadheads, but I have one concern. I've been reading reviews over various forums, and the biggest complaint has been the lack of sharpness of the blades (this was primarily when they were known as the Piston Point heads). I was just curious if Trophy Ridge has addressed this problem on the current versions offered?

Thank you]

Trophy Ridge response:

[Yes that was the first thing we went after when we picked them up. We have switched vendors for are blades and the people that make them for us now also make hospital knifes.

Thanks
Chris]

western outdoors 05-13-2008 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: giantkillertate

I bought some last year when they were piston point andwas not happy with the sharpness as well. I have talked to c/s at Trophy Ridge and they told me that was the first thing they were going to take care of along with making a replacement blade kit for them.
I did get to shoot a doe with them and let me tell ya these things don't mess around. She ran about 30 yrds and was taking a dirt nap. Also the blood trail was something out of a horror movie. I would recomend them.
How do they fly? Do they fly like field tips as advertised?

giantkillertate 05-13-2008 12:18 PM

I have never had to change anything from switching from feild tips to broadheads. I can almost put them in the same whole as my feild tips out to 40 yrds. I will also say I am glad to hear that they are coming out with a blade replacement.