HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The Ally has an problem I think.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/245812-ally-has-problem-i-think.html)

buckmaster 05-12-2008 11:38 AM

The Ally has an problem I think....

I went to the shop today, I was gonna max her out and see how fast she was shooting at 70lbs. Well he cranked her down and put her on the scale and she maxed out dead on at 65lbs....[&:]He checked the specs, 33 1/4 ata, 7 1/4 bh, He said he didnt know what could be wrong, unless the limbs were getting weak.

Any of you guys know what could be going on??

PS she was shooting a 350grn arrow at 300fps:)@ 65lbs[&:]

kwilson16 05-12-2008 11:45 AM

RE: The Ally has an problem I think....

Sounds like your bow shop needs to get their scale calibrated...

brucelanthier 05-12-2008 11:46 AM

Bad scale? I wouldn't automatically think it is the bow, especially at that speed.

killadoe 05-12-2008 11:48 AM

I would have to say your limbs have a problem.. get some spray paint and stencil MATHEWS on your limbs and your bow will be fine..

hahahaha just kidding man,

check it on another scale,

kwilson16 05-12-2008 11:49 AM

If someone dropped the scale or left weight hanging on it, then it could easily be out of calibration. Might be worth re-checking with a second scale before doing anything to the bow.

bigcountry 05-12-2008 11:52 AM

I have two scales, and I have went around to a few shops and all were different by up to 4lbs.

65lbs is a little light. But if the tech puta few twists in each cable, it would bring it back up to wieght. Shocked an archery tech wouldn't know this.

buckmaster 05-12-2008 11:52 AM

Good point guys but its a manual scale, nothing digital.... but I guess it still can be calibrated.... I'll check with another shop and get back to you guys. Thanks.

buckmaster 05-12-2008 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have two scales, and I have went around to a few shops and all were different by up to 4lbs.

65lbs is a little light. But if the tech puta few twists in each cable, it would bring it back up to wieght. Shocked an archery tech wouldn't know this.
It already had twists put in the string when it was set up to get the cables to fall in track... He said that shouldnt have nothing to do with it. IDK

Germ 05-12-2008 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

It already had twists put in the string when it was set up to get the cables to fall in track... He said that shouldnt have nothing to do with it. IDK
My old ROSS was65 at one place and 71 at another[&:]

Deleted User 05-12-2008 12:26 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]