HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   for anyone who believes cutting shooting lanes scares deer. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/245561-anyone-who-believes-cutting-shooting-lanes-scares-deer.html)

magicman54494 05-09-2008 09:53 PM

for anyone who believes cutting shooting lanes scares deer.

I've been brushing out an old fenceline at the farm for the last 2 days. 1/4 mile of fence with 54 years of tree and brush growth. Today we were working there and my dad points out to me some fresh deer tracks crossing thru the fenceline right where we brushed it out yesterday. piles of brush. all our scent. chainsaw gas and bar oil everywhere.
go figure.

lifesadrag 05-09-2008 10:01 PM

RE: for anyone who believes cutting shooting lanes scares deer.

Funny how they know it's not hunting season.:D

MichiganWhitetails74 05-09-2008 10:11 PM

Good point magic....the deer like the easy route too....unless its a big boy...and then he will test our instincts to the max[&o]

lnen#1 05-09-2008 10:14 PM

firm believer, they live their days, every day in those areas. They know, a little pruning doesn't bother them I don't think but clear cutting lanes, I believe they will abandon those areas.

magicman54494 05-09-2008 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Good point magic....the deer like the easy route too....unless its a big boy...and then he will test our instincts to the max[&o]
Here is a tidbit for you. Those big boys will take the easiest path. But 99.9% of the time it's after dark[&o]A fact I learned last year by following many mature buck tracks.

Deleted User 05-09-2008 11:00 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

GregH 05-09-2008 11:29 PM

Not to mention the fact that you also created an easy to reach, tasty free meal for them!;)

Breachin 05-10-2008 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

Funny how they know it's not hunting season.:D
or maybe the have many close encounters with people...Kind of like City deer

valor10 05-10-2008 07:09 AM

It ain't only deer that like trails cut through brush or the woods. Bears will use them as well. They have on my property. Least path of resistance, they'll take it most every time.

Schultzy 05-10-2008 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Not to mention the fact that you also created an easy to reach, tasty free meal for them!;)
You nailed it Greg!! My thoughts also.