Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much Would The New Typical World Record Be Worth >

How much Would The New Typical World Record Be Worth

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much Would The New Typical World Record Be Worth

Old 05-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How much Would The New Typical World Record Be Worth

I was reading a few articles on deer mounts getting stolen etc. and wondered, if someone were to shoot a new world record typical what would it be worth in endorsements, t.v. appearances on hunting shows, etc. What do you think the original head mount would go for to a replicator or collector, how much would archery companies want to pay to be associated with the hunter and deer?
Eventually someone is going to break the record, what will they rake in for doing so????
Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How much Would The New Typical World Record Be Worth

I refuse to vote on this one.I believe the price people pay for this stuff is rediculus.I think this is why you have all the poaching crap going on today.I believe it doesn't do anything but hurt our sport.I also think this is where alot of canned hunts are dreamed up.ie gaurenteed to shoot a monster.Why should it be worth thousand of $$$$.IMO
Old 05-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see your point and agree with a lot of it. The problem is that we have become obsessed as a deer community with it. I have read stories about guys like Mike Beatty hiding the buck in a relatives house, the kid in Iowa that had his giant non typical stolen, the sheds that were on here that sold on e-bay for 19k.
I am not asking this because I believe in huting for profit or promoting can hunts etc. I think the hunter that breaks this record will almost be cursed with the situation they end up in. Everywhere you go people will want to grab you an talk, get an autograph. You will need to get a lawyer to make sure you don't get caught up in greedy transactions by companies wanting association with you etc. The area you killed it in will be littered with poachers.
There was a deer killed near my house back in 2000 and almost nobody knew of the deer, some locals were talking that it might break the archery record but ended up a tad over 196 with deductions. I am wondering what outrageous offers people think would be offered if the record was broken since the industry has become so mainstream and rich in advertising.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

I agree it would be a curse and would almost feel sorry for the guy/gal who shoots one.The rumors and down right lies that will be spawned from it would about ruin a family.IMO
Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to say how much it would go for, depends on the bidder really. Plenty of antler collectors out there. It would definetely be rough for whoever shot it. Any giant these days is so loaded with rumors and lies, plus you throw in the high fence argument, almost more touble than its worth.

I guess the moral would be, if you see the new record, let it walk!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:22 AM

You need a choice that is <$250k for me to vote. Regardless, not NEAR as much as most people believe.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

The rack itself would not be worth as much as the endorsements and other stuff they receive.

Milo Hanson makes about $50,000 a year off of his whitetail. Just doing shows and such.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:07 AM

If you are talking about everything associated with the buck, imagining licensing, appearance fees (shows/magazines), equipment representation,replicas, etc...... I don't see how your scale is high enough.

If just selling the horns/mount? no idea what something like that would go for.......
Old 05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

A LOT of headaches.

But I would still like to find out..
Old 05-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

A LOT of headaches.

But I would still like to find out..
yeah buddy!

Quick Reply: How much Would The New Typical World Record Be Worth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.