Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns! >

Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

ORIGINAL: blackfish

Sorry shooting a fawn legal or not is disgusting sorry nothing to argue about thats just how it is.Taking a deers life for 15 lbs of meet grow up
But its 15lb of delicious meat. I try to kill one a year.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:48 PM

I know what they taste like I used to shoot them when I was a teen before I fully developed a conscience.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I missed a lot! Here I thought I was killing some deer and feeding it to my family. Everything I did was legal. I made ethical kills. The deer I killed were killed in late Nov. I trophy hunt until that time of year then I fill my freezer. The DNR says if I don't harvest antlerless deer they will impose earn a buck. As a trophy hunter I do notlook down on those who shoot smaller bucks. Then when I legally put some meat in my freezer I get blasted, looked down on, called gutless. I wonder how all you bleeding hearts live with yourself after taking away all of those fawn's Mamas? How can you justify killing a doe after the rut? She is most likely carrying FAWNS. Can someone explain how fawns somehow became taboo?At what agecan we kill a deer andnot be criticizedand how do you determine that age? A deer is far from fully developed at 1 1/2. Maybe we should ban killing them too. SOME DOE FAWNS ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO BREED.
If you don't want to kill a fawn, you have the right not to. But don't spew out a pile of negative crap about it then follow it up with "butif someone wants to it's alright with me."
Old 05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
bigcountry

I know what they taste like I used to shoot them when I was a teen before I fully developed a conscience.
Only conscience I need is what the Word of God tells me. He tells me to obey the law of the land, and tells me I can kill and eat. So I do. Who leads your conscience?

Old 05-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Wow, I missed a lot! Here I thought I was killing some deer and feeding it to my family. Everything I did was legal. I made ethical kills. The deer I killed were killed in late Nov. I trophy hunt until that time of year then I fill my freezer. The DNR says if I don't harvest antlerless deer they will impose earn a buck. As a trophy hunter I do notlook down on those who shoot smaller bucks. Then when I legally put some meat in my freezer I get blasted, looked down on, called gutless. I wonder how all you bleeding hearts live with yourself after taking away all of those fawn's Mamas? How can you justify killing a doe after the rut? She is most likely carrying FAWNS. Can someone explain how fawns somehow became taboo?At what agecan we kill a deer andnot be criticizedand how do you determine that age? A deer is far from fully developed at 1 1/2. Maybe we should ban killing them too. SOME DOE FAWNS ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO BREED.
If you don't want to kill a fawn, you have the right not to. But don't spew out a pile of negative crap about it then follow it up with "butif someone wants to it's alright with me."
Very well put Magic.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry shooting a fawn legal or not is disgusting sorry nothing to argue about thats just how it is.Taking a deers life for 15 lbs of meet grow up
You reek negativity young man![:'(]
Old 05-09-2008, 05:14 PM

I m catholic and we are against abortion so maybe thats where I get it if your god tells you to go out and shoot babys knock yourself out
Old 05-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Magic...The problem is we are no longer a rural society, so many on here have never killed a chicken, hog, cow, or even a boxed rabbit to eat...I'd bet most on here would starve if they had to plant a garden and grow their own food, whereas some of us had fathers that taught us how to prepare food for the table, some didn't...

What size fish do you have to catch to eat it??? Next time you eat eggs for breakfast, think about what you are eating...At what point do you decide "it's not right"...

The hunter that strictly hunts for antlers is just hunting for enjoyment and bragging rights, he's out there for a "trophy"...The hunter that is hunting to put food on his table is hunting for the reasons that man started hunting initially, because he likes red meat...Who is actually hunting for the "right" reason???
Old 05-09-2008, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

You reek negativity young man![:'(]
sorry if you think me be against shooting fawns is negative I really can t beleive what I m hearing
Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Magic...The problem is we are no longer a rural society, so many on here have never killed a chicken, hog, cow, or even a boxed rabbit to eat...I'd bet most on here would starve if they had to plant a garden and grow their own food, whereas some of us had fathers that taught us how to prepare food for the table, some didn't...

What size fish do you have to catch to eat it??? Next time you eat eggs for breakfast, think about what you are eating...At what point do you decide "it's not right"...
I grew up on a "hobby" farm. We loved our animals. They were our pets. They all had names. Then we ate them. It was just the way it was and we accepted it.

Quick Reply: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.