Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns! >

Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

ORIGINAL: NEW61375
He/she should of bobbed instead of weaved.
I almost spit soda on my monitor when I read that, and I blame you. I'm going use that saying if you don't mind, well I'm going to use it even if you do mind to be perfectly honest.

Paul
X2...that was the greatest comment I have ever read on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

I think it iskind of gutless.[/blockquote]

Agreed.

I wouldnt never, knowingly shoot a fawn.

One, it tore my heart out last season when I smacked a button buck with my muzzleloader, Im still upset !

I have way too big of heart, way to much love and respect for deer to harvest a young animal.

You just agreed that shooting fawns was gutless (whatever that means) and then say you bite your tongue.

Calling us fawn shooters gutless is far from biting your tongue. I'm just saying, I find that particiular description a little insulting. As if it takes a lot of guts to hunt any deer, let's be honest here were not hunting grizzlies with a spear or anything. No whitetail hunting involves some great amount of guts and bravery in my eyes.

I think you're a good guy Drop and I think I understand your passion aboutwhitetails as far aswatching them, scouting them, and hunting them but I have to admit that I hated that comment when superstrutter made it and hate to see someone agree with it,it doesn't really fit. You guys are entitled to your opinions but I just don't think "gutless" (reminds me of spineless or cowardly) accurately describes most hunters on this board.

No hard feelings, I just thought others might not have "loved" that description either and even though we might kill and eat young deer that doesn't mean we don't respectdeer and huntingthe same as you or others who don't shoot young ones.

Trust me, I think they are cute and cuddly too, I want to snuggle up with one and read it a bed time story. Yeah, right before I tag it and stick it in my smoker with a bunch of red potatoes and sweet corn on the cob.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me clear something up. I'm not against any hunter who hunts legally and ethically. I'm sorry I offended some by saying gutless. I know most of you on this forum are not gutless and are legal, ethical hunters. Personally, I just couldn't shoot a doe and then shoot her fawns. It just doesn't seem right to me. You are entitled to your opinions as I am mine. If it's legal, shoot what you want. I will not be shooting a doe with fawns, nor will I be shooting any fawns. There are plenty more deer around to take. There are plenty does without fawns and plenty of yearlings (1 1/2 yr. olds) out there to take.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Let me clear something up. I'm not against any hunter who hunts legally and ethically. I'm sorry I offended some by saying gutless. I know most of you on this forum are not gutless and are legal, ethical hunters. Personally, I just couldn't shoot a doe and then shoot her fawns. It just doesn't seem right to me. You are entitled to your opinions as I am mine. If it's legal, shoot what you want. I will not be shooting a doe with fawns, nor will I be shooting any fawns. There are plenty more deer around to take. There are plenty does without fawns and plenty of yearlings (1 1/2 yr. olds) out there to take.
And I can respect that ss, I imagine we are probably hunting two really different kinds of areas but even still I knowsome old timershere that won't even shoot does. The sad thing is we really need to where I hunt and not many people are. I knew the point you weretrying to makeand I can understand your position I just didn't like that wording too much. It's all good.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Spots or nubbins are off limits.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

What’s this “shooting does late in the season is shooting her babies too”. So now you can only shoot a doe before she’s impregnated? You’re still preventing that doe from reproducing. Can’t shoot fawns. Can’t shoot button bucks. Can’t shoot any buck under 6 points because you’re not letting them grow. What are we supposed to kill? P&Y mature bucks only? What does respect for hunting, wildlife, and nature have to do with the size or gender of the deer you’re killing? Folks that discriminately kill deer for crop protection are somehow disrespectful to the animals?

There were 17,000 plus deer taken in Virginia last season duringarchery. Some 243,000 taken with a muzzleloader, during general gun, and property owner tags. 35,000 plus were killed by automobiles. TWICE the number taken in the archery season, and almost 100 deer daily. How many were wounded during the hunting season that died and were never recovered? How many poached? How many taken by other predators? Couldn’t guess. This, out of a population that is estimated at 1 million. Guess what? The population is still estimated at 1 million for 2008. If a particular state regulates, or started to regulate the number of does taken, I’d willingly and gladly adhere to the law. Until then, why would it concern anyone what people legally kill to put in their freezer?

In the end, it doesn’t matter what we kill as bow hunters, because the gun fellas and their dogs are going to kill everything that moves come gun season here in Virginia. They try to spare button bucks. TRY! You guys from Michigan, aren’t there some 700,000 licenses issued during the gun season there?Kill a fawn, good on ya! Pass on a fawn, good on ya!Kill a fawn with a bow, good on ya! Shoot aP&Y buck at 150 yards withan.06, good on ya! The only ethics and morals I see in deer hunting, regardless of the weapon, is making horrible shots, tresspassing,poaching, and having no regard for the land you hunt on. I've actually found entire ungutted deer carcasses in dunpsters with the heads cut off. They got their trophy though!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:05 PM

It's not legal where I hunt heck we can kill 3 does per day. I have no prblem with someone who shoots fawns. Heck I have shot a few in my day. I don't now just because that is not what I am after when I am hunting. But they sure are mighty fine eating.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-09-2008, 04:31 PM

Sorry shooting a fawn legal or not is disgusting sorry nothing to argue about thats just how it is.Taking a deers life for 15 lbs of meet grow up

Quick Reply: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.