Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Learning to shoot and hunt with glasses. >

Learning to shoot and hunt with glasses.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Learning to shoot and hunt with glasses.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Learning to shoot and hunt with glasses.

I had lasik 2 years ago and it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I couldnt see anything without glasses or contacts before, now I can see better, my vision now is 20/15 which is better than 20/20. However I am in my 20's. I donthtink it will help people who need reading glasses, ofcourse i'm no expert...
Old 05-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since I have worn glasses since the 4th grade I wouldn't know what it's like to shoot without them.

Dan
Old 05-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am in the same boat as you!!!! Just this year I bought a new bow and put on a peep sight because it is the only wayI can shoot with my glass's on!!! Man I sucks getting old!!!!Walt
Old 05-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stikbow26
Man I sucks getting old!!!!Walt
Walt, My Grand Dad who is 90 says getting Old beats the Alternative!

Dan
Old 05-09-2008, 03:15 PM

Well, I'm 45 & had lasix done 2 yrs ago. I was near sighted, which means you can't see far distances.It's the best thing I did. Helped out for hunting, but now to see very close or small material I need glasses. Which means that I basically switched eye sight from near to far sighted. It sounds like you are far sighted, in which case lasix won't do you any good. When I look at my sight now, the pinsare slightly fuzzy, but the target is crystal clear. I likethe freedom ofnot having foggingglasses in thecold,&being able towear headnets during the earlier season.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

snow , rain , mist , fog two words.......... glasses suck!

putting shaving cream on my bathroom mirror works for the fogging. And it lasts quite a while. I have yet to try it as a glasses treatment.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:17 PM

I envy anyone that can shoot a bow with glasses on. The Army issued BCG's I got help my sight a bunch! Just they are sol bulky they get in the way... I may try contacts.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

i am somewhat far sighted and anything from 12 inches in gets blurry,but so far so good at farther distances,but it is a concern of mine as I age of how glasses would affect my shooting.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

I have worn glasses since I was ten years old and they are so natural that they are the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night. Glasses are a very real part of me and have never created a problem. WELL I TAKE THAT BACK . . .[8D] four years ago I had a pair of sunglasses made ber didn't think I needed bifocals on them . . . HUGE MISTAKE![:@]Not the sunglasses . . . no bifocals. I sure do it differently now.

Frankly, I don't think they're any big deal and the do not get in the way ever . . . but then I'm and oldtimer!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Contacts was the best thing I ever did --The glasses fogging during hunting times was bad but try driving a big rig drinking a cup of coffee--don't even think about blowing to cool the coffee!!!LOL

Quick Reply: Learning to shoot and hunt with glasses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.