Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stolen Stands need Ideas >

Stolen Stands need Ideas

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen Stands need Ideas

Old 05-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Spike

Default Stolen Stands need Ideas

Hey guys I would like to hearsome creative ideas on how to keep thieves off my property. I recently had 5 locked ladder stands stolen, and its a damn good thing I didn't see them doing it. They would have been mistaken for coyotes.[:@]
Old 05-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stolen Stands need Ideas

How about hiding a trail cam somewhere......
Old 05-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put signs on you stand that read: Smile! You're on Camera!

Old 05-08-2008, 03:37 PM

take tack strip and zip tie it to the back side of the steps. Just remember you put them on
Old 05-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

or just buy a new one. sorry, I had mine stolen too.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:25 PM

I hunt on leased land in Northern Minnesota and had three locked ladder stands stolen. The land is clearly posted, and the people go in anyway. They dump trash on the land and then burn it. The signs get slashed/shot on a weekly basis and last we even heard shots coming from the land last year during dear season. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what was going on. I know how you feel.

I recommend the camera, and discourage the signs because they will look for the camera and take that as well. Make sure you hide it well. It is very hard to stop this problem. Best of luck to you.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: acriscenti

Hey guys I would like to hearsome creative ideas on how to keep thieves off my property. I recently had 5 locked ladder stands stolen, and its a damn good thing I didn't see them doing it. They would have been mistaken for coyotes.[:@]
EasyFix, get a dog... Or my personal favorite to anti theivery, concrete them down if they are for permanent positions. Hell you could even take a Thin Fishing line tie it to a string or rope and the thick end to a tree branch. Suspend the branch up high so when they try and take the seat down the rope will pull the limb down on top of them... It may not stop them from stealing but I guarntee they will think twice before taking another one of yours. You could put the stand in a very obvious spot and put Tar on the bottem steps so when they start carrying it they get it all over them.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 AM

Wouldn't the tar dry? Try running an electrical current through the thing. I'd put a camera up and laugh my @$$ off at the jerks. I was kidding about the electrical current (how would you get electricity to the stand?). Best of luck to you.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Wouldn't the tar dry? Try running an electrical current through the thing. I'd put a camera up and laugh my @$$ off at the jerks. I was kidding about the electrical current (how would you get electricity to the stand?). Best of luck to you.
This is not a half bad idea. Just needs some refinement. How about a taser, that is hooks up to a stand? Might be some modifing of the trigger and such.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Syclone

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

This is not a half bad idea. Just needs some refinement. How about a taser, that is hooks up to a stand? Might be some modifing of the trigger and such.
Although I am a Biology major, I have done some engineering. It's fun. You would need a car battery that would begin sending a current through the metal when the camera senses movement. That could be done, you would also need to be able to stop the current for yourself. Disconnecting the battery would do the trick. Make sure that everything is well hidden. If the stand is not connected at he bottom, I would recommend doing that so that the current can flow better. Also, it would be smart to use metal cable (that would conduct electricity) to attach the ladder stand to the tree. This way they can't remove it. If you try this, you'll have to let me know how it works.

Quick Reply: Stolen Stands need Ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.