Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Much Do You Like Bowhunting Turkey vs. Bowhunting Deer >

How Much Do You Like Bowhunting Turkey vs. Bowhunting Deer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Much Do You Like Bowhunting Turkey vs. Bowhunting Deer

Old 05-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting Turkey vs. Bowhunting Deer

Without question it's deer for me. I enjoy Turkey hunting, but I do it mostly because it's spring time and deer season has been out for a while and does not come in for a while.

I like turkey hunting until noonish and hunting molly moochers (mushrooms) in the afternoon and evening.................yum......think I'll fix some this evening.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

On a scale of 1-10 for adrenaline rush: Deer 10....Turkey 5....Enough said!!!!
Turkey = 3
Deer = 10
Old 05-08-2008, 01:04 PM

I don't even hunt Turkey don't like small game. I've killed Bears, Cougars, Deer, and boars...

I'd love to hunt some bobcats with my bow though that would be fun. I just killed a jack rabbit today with my bow so I don't know small game could be fun with a bow. My next to victims are those stupid coons and apossums terroizing my trash and my sisters cat's food.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Breachin

I don't even hunt Turkey don't like small game. I've killed Bears, Cougars, Deer, and boars...

I'd love to hunt some bobcats with my bow though that would be fun. I just killed a jack rabbit today with my bow so I don't know small game could be fun with a bow. My next to victims are those stupid coons and apossums terroizing my trash and my sisters cat's food.
I killed 2 bobcats with my bow(from my treestand)3 years ago within 5 days of each other. It wasone of the highlights of my bowhunting career.....
Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

ORIGINAL: Breachin

I killed 2 bobcats with my bow(from my treestand)3 years ago within 5 days of each other. It wasone of the highlights of my bowhunting career.....

thats what I like to hear.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi fellas well obviously..I just can't get excited about turkey hunting..watching it, reading about it, or doing it! So I guess It translates into a little Board Break for me. Which is fine too.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the Fall, I will let elk, turkeys and bear walk by and have as to not mess up my whitetail hunt. In the spring turkeys are fun to hunt, but I definately wouldnt trade any turkey hunt for a whitetail.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

I have discoverd I am a deer hunter, and a guy who hunts Turkeys
That's about right for me, Gary

..... I like hitting the walleye and trout waters this time of year more than turkeys.

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Hi fellas well obviously..I just can't get excited about turkey hunting..watching it, reading about it, or doing it! So I guess It translates into a little Board Break for me. Which is fine too.
Hey Bobby! Welcome back! There are plenty of other threads to hit than the turkey ones ...... Whattup wid da Yanks? [&o]
Old 05-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to pick choice #1. It wasn't a good fit, but it was the closest. I'd like to turkey hunt, but I've just never had the chance.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How Much Do You Like Bowhunting Turkey vs. Bowhunting Deer

Preach, i can honestly say its a 50/50affair for myself. I have only hunted turkeys via bow for two seasons and have managed to take three. I take it just as serious as my deer hunting and get pumped just the same. I have killed my share with a scatter gun, but since using the bow, it got a grab on me i cant explain. I cant see myself going back to hunting them with the gun again. Nothing wrong with that at all for those who do, but im speaking for myself and still have much respect for those who do. Now that i cant hunt turkeys till next season...bring on the deer 50/50 in Indiana [8D]

Quick Reply: How Much Do You Like Bowhunting Turkey vs. Bowhunting Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.