Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting under the influence >

Hunting under the influence

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting under the influence

Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 PM

Default RE: Hunting under the influence

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I'm very sad to here about things like this. I look at it 2 ways
1. Throw the book at this guy.
2. What greater punishment can you give a guy that just killed his own son?
My feelings too. But at the same time I say throw the book at him. Can it make the punishment worse? (Well, I would hope he and his son had a relationship that would make the answer to that "No".) But the sad true is that to some parents it would be less a punishment than what it should. And because of THOSE scumbags I say throw the book. Lace it with cholera if you want. We shouldn't give people the opportunity to think "Ah, I'm their parent...they'll give me manslaughter and in 3 years I'll be back to same-old same-old." Sadly, there ARE kids in homes like that.

Throw drug use in there and you really...really...really have no choice. L-O-C-K-D-O-W-N
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

its horrible enough to hear he killed his own son, then this comes out
WOW
Old 05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

don't have all the details......if he was stoned and wasted, certainly throw the book at him, if he simply had traces of both in his system thats another story, ie if he was sober.....be interesting to know what the levels were.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how this even happens....it happens more then we think ....when you dig down and deep....careless people are pulling the trigger on things all the time....
Old 05-07-2008, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

I wonder how this even happens....it happens more then we think ....when you dig down and deep....careless people are pulling the trigger on things all the time....
Too true...[>:]
Old 05-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like the dude was hammered and stoned!

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9160980...e=most_emailed
Old 05-07-2008, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9160980?source=most_emailed
Add trespassing and hunting without a license to the charges...what's wrong with people [>:][:@]
Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9160980?source=most_emailed
Add trespassing and hunting without a license to the charges...what's wrong with people [>:][:@]
Yeah[:'(]

drunk, high, tresspassing, no license, killed his own son.

It is really just disgusting.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in no way defending the guy by saying this but he blew a 0.06, that is less than the legal limit. He did have weed in his system but was he high at the time of the shooting? Now the guy had enough half empty beer packs to get us all buzzed but the link posted doesn't show that he was legally drunk. Now I feel he shouldn't have had any booze in him but he would have likely still pissed pot since it stays in the bloodstream for weeks. For kicks could this have been a careless accident and he happened to have a few beers and smoked some weed earlier in the day but wasn't drunk or high?

As serious as this is the authorities don't seem too concerned per the last statement of the article

Klaseus is not in custody and has been summoned to appear in Sibley County District Court at 9 a.m. May 22.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mconwa951

I'm sure you all heard about the man that shot his son about 2 weeks ago while turkey hunting. yesterday I heard he had been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter and I was outraged to here he was hunting with alcohol and marijuana in his system, I think if you are hunting under the influence it should be attempted murder instantly and if you shoot some one murder.

What do you think
For the charge of murder the underlying element of intent must be present, I assume they charged him with manslaughter because it wasn't actually his intent to kill his son, just the unfortunate reckless outcome.

Quick Reply: Hunting under the influence

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.