Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Quickest way to become a Jerk >

Quickest way to become a Jerk

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quickest way to become a Jerk

Old 05-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Quickest way to become an a@#hole..

ORIGINAL: shed33

yup VA, I always get a kick out of walking into Sportsmans or Cabelas archery shops dressed in my teaching clothes and just listening to all the talk. Funny how I dont get very good service either ...... some bowhunters/archers really get caught up in themselves and the elitist attitudes.. even if they have nothing to show for, but they sure act it and talk it.. I get that same vibe at about 50% or more of every proshop I have popped into ... Maybe its because I left my 4x4 dodge dieselparked in the garage and my camo clothes in the bins.. and showed up driving my kia ... aint cool enough for em..

I reckon thats why I like doing everything pretty much at home.. and visiting here about hunting..
Those are my favorite moments in life... When you're treated as the invisible man at the hunting store, just because you don't look the part, while they roll out the red carpet for big-talking, camo-wearing wanna-bee. Something about a guy in a rice grinder, boardshortsand flip flops . . . just doesn't lend itself to great service.

Those are the moments that fuel my tank.

Although, everything changes once . . . they realize . . . you know . . . "who I am."Things crystallize and attitudes change when theysee the King's camo plush robe and Bedazzled Rhinestone crown, andthe realization sets in, thatthey're in the presence of a trueliving legend. At that point, his royal subjects are waiting at his beckon call - demanding autographs and sperm donations and such...

Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 AM

quick you kill me!!! LOL!! Jeff, how $ is it?? I have spent 1400$ onleases this year... Depends on the $$
Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

yup VA, I always get a kick out of walking into Sportsmans or Cabelas archery shops dressed in my teaching clothes and just listening to all the talk. Funny how I dont get very good service either ...... some bowhunters/archers really get caught up in themselves and the elitist attitudes.. even if they have nothing to show for, but they sure act it and talk it.. I get that same vibe at about 50% or more of every proshop I have popped into ... Maybe its because I left my 4x4 dodge dieselparked in the garage and my camo clothes in the bins.. and showed up driving my kia ... aint cool enough for em..

I reckon thats why I like doing everything pretty much at home.. and visiting here about hunting..
You hit the nail on the head there Troy! Excellent post!!! I really get disrespected allot when I go into a Cabelas or just about any outdoor store as far as that goes when they ask me what kind of bow I shoot. I tell them I shoot a recurve and they all pretty much laugh at me or get all insecure right away. I see this allot with people who shoot compounds weather its in a shop or out in public and sometimes on here as well. It blows me away and ticks me off why people can get so insecure so easy when I tell them I shoot a recurve!![:@]
Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

I tell them I shoot a recurve and they all pretty much laugh at me or get all insecure right away. I see this allot with people who shoot compounds weather its in a shop or out in public and sometimes on here as well. It blows me away and ticks me off why people can get so insecure so easy when I tell them I shoot a recurve!![:@]
You're kidding! (and yes...I'm joking)
Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

You hit the nail on the head there Troy! Excellent post!!! I really get disrespected allot when I go into a Cabelas or just about any outdoor store as far as that goes when they ask me what kind of bow I shoot. I tell them I shoot a recurve and they all pretty much laugh at me or get all insecure right away. I see this allot with people who shoot compounds weather its in a shop or out in public and sometimes on here as well. It blows me away and ticks me off why people can get so insecure so easy when I tell them I shoot a recurve!![:@]
I love the guys that roll into Cabelas with their camo clad diesel 4x4, sporting the camo shirt and hat with all the appropriate sponsors, and their "trophy" wife made up to the hilt like she was going out on the town. What's he going to do, buy her a buffalo burger at the cafeteria? I go there to pick crap up I can't get anywhere else and get away from the wife.

Hunting yuppies crack me up.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I love the guys that roll into Cabelas with their camo clad diesel 4x4, sporting the camo shirt and hat with all the appropriate sponsors, and their "trophy" wife made up to the hilt like she was going out on the town. What's he going to do, buy her a buffalo burger at the cafeteria? I go there to pick crap up I can't get anywhere else and get away from the wife.

Hunting yuppies crack me up.
Good post Bry!! That is funny stuff there but its the very truth!!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I go into a sporting goods store and look at the new products the sales guys are always telling me "is so easy that even a caveman could use it" Whats up with that?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

That's funny!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Troy/Shed33 hits the nail on the head for me as well.Because I am a business person in a primarily liberal community/area,I get the I can't believe you hunt? You don't look like a hunter,seem like a hunter etc..I also have the instances in certain stores where I get the schmo who thinks that I am a wannabe or wet behind the ears.It honestly cracks me up!Because you have a tie on,because you are clean shaven,because you can hold your own in area's of social interaction,you can't be an effective hunter?
I have a number of instances where I havn't said a word to the supposed authority who was talking down to me,where I didn't say any thing but in my mind was thinking dude if you only knew.Not meaning to sound egotistical,just looking to point out a common mistake that people make.These type of things happen across all area's of society.
I have been in different types of stores where clients of mine who are hands on contractors but very successful have been ignored or dealt with in a snotty way by a salesperson,and I have smiled and thought about how ignorant that salesperson was being about who they were dealing with and that persons financial capacity.The old saying about never judging a book by it's cover is really appropriate!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

You all should have worked the archery department, and then come talk to me

Quick Reply: Quickest way to become a Jerk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.