Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Less of a deer hunter??? >

Less of a deer hunter???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Less of a deer hunter???

Old 05-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Less of a deer hunter???

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Chief, I hunt like you and happy to do so! Every chance I get to hunt is an awesome experience that I think God for!! Just seeing big mature deer be it a buck or a Doe is an added bonus, hell I enjoy seeing any deer form on stand!
I totally agree, but I enjoy it a lot more if I see it in bow range.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Chief, I hunt like you and happy to do so! Every chance I get to hunt is an awesome experience that I think God for!! Just seeing big mature deer be it a buck or a Doe is an added bonus, hell I enjoy seeing any deer form on stand!
Of course!!!!!!![8D]
Old 05-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Of course!!!!!!![8D]
X3

Dan
Old 05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

My goal this year will be to hunt with my sons, hunt with my brother, take8 deer (3 in Arkansas, 2 in Missouri, and 3 in Tennessee), have a wonderful time, enjoy the outdoors, enjoy life and fill my freezer with venison.
So tell me... does this make me orsomeone elsewho share these views less of a deer hunter?
Sounds like your living the dream to me.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I respect your sensibility about this! The main thing is that you hunt for your own enjoyment and use what you kill! I do struggle with those experienced hunterswho choose to shoot young bucks,but that is probably deep rooted in the frustration that I have for some of my hunting area's.You expressed yourself very well and sound like a person who has their priorities in order!
I also mount animals to honor them and to reflect on the experience of a particular hunt.I had a buck mounted that I didn't kill a number of years ago.It had died from being wounded and I followed the ravens and buzzards to find it.It was a magnificent buck and in my mind it deserved to be mounted.I have never regretted it!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

My goal this year will be to hunt with my sons, hunt with my brother, take8 deer (3 in Arkansas, 2 in Missouri, and 3 in Tennessee), have a wonderful time, enjoy the outdoors, enjoy life and fill my freezer with venison. A huge buck, big buck, nice buck or even a decent buckwould be nice, but big does will do just fine for me. I'm just not after a trophy buck to hang on the wall.
I don't know anybody that hunts that has any better goal than that .

Old 05-08-2008, 11:35 AM

NO there harder to hunt I like the horns I guess you could say I m horny
Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate all of the feedback, fellas. My question was a sincere one, and all of your answers have confirmed what I already knew.... there's a ton of great folks on here.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Nope. I've mounted a couple but in my early years. My biggest are not mounted. None of them have ever been measured for score. I'm more concerned about weight. The bigger the deer, the more meat.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: blackfish
I guess you could say I m horny
All the Time??[8D]

Dan

Quick Reply: Less of a deer hunter???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.