Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff??? >

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Old 05-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

If someone trespasses or breaks in my house and steals it does not cost money to call the police and file a report with the evidence. They do the investigation thats there job no charge to you except come tax time!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Do you know the laws on how close you CAN hunt to the feeders?

Its why "most" people here stop feeding (deer and turkeys) during turey season. It takes all doubt out of the equation.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:09 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Do you know the laws on how close you CAN hunt to the feeders?

Its why "most" people here stop feeding (deer and turkeys) during turey season. It takes all doubt out of the equation.
No, this were the law is inthe DNR officers favor. The law states youcanlegally feed turkeys but you can't hunt over the bait. And it does notstate exactly how far you have to be away from the bait in order to legally hunt. It is up to the DNR officer to decide if you are far enoughaway to not be considered hunting overit. So in other words if he wants to give you a ticket forit there is really nothing you can do about.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that it has been established that (considering the great power that Game Wardens do have to enter property) the guy could easily make the case for probable cause to be on the property. Hell, in Illinois all they have to do is claim they heard a gunshot in that general direction and they can walk all over your property. However, seizing property is another issue, and I would be very interested to see how it gets resolved..
Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

So in other words if he wants to give you a ticket forit there is really nothing you can do about.
Realistically.....there is. You could stop feeding during turkey season.

IMO....I'd let this drop....before you got into more than you bargained for (The prosecution threats, anyways). I'm betting they're building a case....and your gear is evidence.

Was anyone hunting there? You didn't hunt there? Any?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:25 AM

So in other words if he wants to give you a ticket forit there is really nothing you can do about.
Realistically.....there is. You could stop feeding during turkey season.

IMO....I'd let this drop....before you got into more than you bargained for (The prosecution threats, anyways). I'm betting they're building a case....and your gear is evidence.

Was anyone hunting there? You didn't hunt there? Any?
Building a case for what? Someone has to be breaking a game law for the DNR to build a case right? We have not hunted the property at all this season. We were planning on hunting the last 2 weeks of the season but feel like it is more trouble than it's worth. I am sure if the DNR officer sees us anywhere near the property he is going to find something to issue us a ticket for.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: HANKFAN

I am sure if the DNR officer sees us anywhere near the property he is going to find something to issue us a ticket for.
Then I'd stay away from the property until the end of season. If you must go to the property, make sure it's obvious you aren't planning on hunting. No camo in the vehicle, no weapon, etc.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Too many unanswered questions.......

Good luck!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Breachin

There is nothing you can do unless you have that kind of money to prosecute a county employee. Having finger prints done cost mony. I'm not sure how wealthy you are but to be honest its not worth it. You would have to get a lawyer, pay court fees an so forth. It would be a lot easier to get a new SD card and maybe this time put the camera in a tree or hide it better this time.

Another thing you could do is call the better buisness beraeau and let them know. They would love to give them a hard time for you hands down.

If you went to the office and with just pictures and not actual proof of catching him in the act you can't do much. He will just deny it and be set free and keep his job. I would set one up on the opposite end watching that camera and see if he does it again.
As I said before in my quote...

I don't see where he can prove anything about hunting on the feeders (not saying you did). He would have to get visual site or have pictures. He might put your SD card back and just see if you were hunting the feeders.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:29 AM
bigcountry

Too many unanswered questions.......

Good luck!
Too many unanswered questions for what? Its not up to you. People, if you are going to call him a liar do it.

Knowing the area, he is from, yea, I believe him.

Quick Reply: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.