Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff??? >

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Old 05-07-2008, 07:26 AM

Default RE: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

We have not killed any turkeys on our farm this season. It is 100% legal to feed both deer and turkeys here you just can't hunt over any bait while turkey hunting. We feed year round at our feeders which is perfectly legal to do. When we do turkey hunt the property we never hunt near the feeders. So we haven't broken any laws whatsoever.

I just can'tunderstand why he was standing at the feeder (Which is well over 1/2 mile from any road) and
feltlike it was okayto open up my camera and remove the SD card. I know no one has reportedhearing any
shots due to thefact that we onlyhuntthe turkeys on this farm witharchery equipment.

Before posting the pictures I think I willjust call up the DNR officer and ask him myself why hefelt it was neccessary to remove the SD card andwhy he was walking around on my property to begin with.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: HANKFAN

Before posting the pictures I think I willjust call up the DNR officer and ask him myself why hefelt it was neccessary to remove the SD card andwhy he was walking around on my property to begin with.
I would have done this right away, why wait so long?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

When we do turkey hunt the property we never hunt near the feeders.
I'd like to hear more on this..... THIS may be the crux of the issue. You can get away with a lot of grey area in NC deer hunting....but turkey hunting....we take seriously, here.

I don't think I could get away with this in NC. I know I couldn't on the properties I hunt.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

When we do turkey hunt the property we never hunt near the feeders.
I'd like to hear more on this..... THIS may be the crux of the issue. You can get away with a lot of grey area in NC deer hunting....but turkey hunting....we take seriously, here.

I don't think I could get away with this in NC. I know I couldn't on the properties I hunt.
I agree, it's easy to say "we don't hunt near the feeders" but hard to prove that you haven't.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 AM

I agree, it's easy to say "we don't hunt near the feeders" but hard to prove that you haven't.
[/quote]

True, but the DNR would have to prove that we did hunt near the feedersnot just assume that we did. Which they can't because we have never hunted anywhere close to them.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe the DNR officer took the SD card to see if there were any pictures of you hunting turkeys on it.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Prosecute what are you waiting for????
Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM

There is nothing you can do unless you have that kind of money to prosecute a county employee. Having finger prints done cost mony. I'm not sure how wealthy you are but to be honest its not worth it. You would have to get a lawyer, pay court fees an so forth. It would be a lot easier to get a new SD card and maybe this time put the camera in a tree or hide it better this time.

Another thing you could do is call the better buisness beraeau and let them know. They would love to give them a hard time for you hands down.

If you went to the office and with just pictures and not actual proof of catching him in the act you can't do much. He will just deny it and be set free and keep his job. I would set one up on the opposite end watching that camera and see if he does it again.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Hank..

Where I hunt.....it's small parcels. I'd have to watch it if I was hunting MY property that was adjacent to yours (if you were feeding).

They don't play about baiting turkeys in NC.

I'm interested to hear the other side of this.....and I mean nothing other than getting to the bottom of why they did what you say they did. You've got more patience than I.....if you're sure you were doing nothing wrong.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: HANKFAN

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

True, but the DNR would have to prove that we did hunt near the feedersnot just assume that we did. Which they can't because we have never hunted anywhere close to them.
I'm not saying that you did hunt the feeders, but remember, "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove"

In this case it's what you can't disprove. Unless you have people that can vouch you've never hunted by the feeder, you may have problems unfortunately. While I seriously hope it never comes do this for you, I'd start getting prepared for it.

Quick Reply: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.