Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff??? >

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Old 05-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

I'd call the police first, DNR second, and the local newspaper third if the first two calls don't produce anything The third call tends to get results pretty quickly Local agencies are always trying to aviod negative press, and if you have pictures, time data, and tire tracks to back it up - it will fly sky high in the newspaper.
I agree, but when talkng to the police I would drop a hit you are going to the news both local TV and paper next. That will let them know how serious you are. Then I would follow through with it and contact the local newpaper. Its only fair that other hunters around you know who they are dealing with. Then after that I would contact the DNR, be as friendly as you can be but stand firm at the same time and demand that this guy be fired and let them know that you are in the process of pressing charges. Guys like this are no better than poachers in my book and in most cases they really are poachers. Think about it if this guy would stoop low enough to be a thief then what would stop him from thinking he's above the law of poaching.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:55 PM

i would go right to the dnr office and solve it right there. the dnr has no right to be takingthe property like that.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

I'd call the police first, DNR second, and the local newspaper third if the first two calls don't produce anything The third call tends to get results pretty quickly Local agencies are always trying to aviod negative press, and if you have pictures, time data, and tire tracks to back it up - it will fly sky high in the newspaper.
I agree, but when talkng to the police I would drop a hit you are going to the news both local TV and paper next. That will let them know how serious you are. Then I would follow through with it and contact the local newpaper. Its only fair that other hunters around you know who they are dealing with. Then after that I would contact the DNR, be as friendly as you can be but stand firm at the same time and demand that this guy be fired and let them know that you are in the process of pressing charges. Guys like this are no better than poachers in my book and in most cases they really are poachers. Think about it if this guy would stoop low enough to be a thief then what would stop him from thinking he's above the law of poaching.
While I agree, I would contact the police and DNR before going to the local media. I do agree about letting them know your intentions, I would say more than a hint isn't inappropriate either. Tell them flat out what you'll do and give them a time deadline to make it right. Have something prepared to give to the local media if they don't cooperate, and something prepared if they do cooperate. I think it is good to show local organizations rooting out the bad apples of the bunch.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't be suprised if they find some law that you are breaking! It's hard to fight the law - even if they are wrong.

The thing that I'm wondering is why he would do whatyou said he did. I'm not doubting you. Like the police would say " what is his motive"
Old 05-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The DNR are like Nazi's they do what ever they want. I talked to a cop here a few years ago who was shining in his cruiser and he got pulled over by the DNR and the warden was going to right him a ticket but his boos told him to drop it. Take it to the district attorny and the local news
Old 05-05-2008, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

we still call em game wardens
Us too. DNR is a term I have never heard out of someones mouth, just on here.

But I would call the police or go to the DNR office directly
Old 05-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wait for him to come back again an setup another camera in a place where he can not see it.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm surprised at the "go to the DNR first" responses. What are they going to do? This guy is tresspassing, and committed robbery, you need to take legal action.He works for the DNR, they will prob. take his side, I think. I'd go to the police, who can really help you.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Whatever you do keep us posted.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt that he really needed an a memory card. My guess is that he wants to view the pics, to see what kind of game you have there. His motive may be to hunt there, or near there, or hook one of his buddys up.Still absolutely ridiculous for whatever reason,
and I would definitely pursue it. That's theft in anyone's book!!!

Quick Reply: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.