Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff??? >

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Old 05-05-2008, 05:58 PM

Default What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Okay here is my situation.Last year I was finally able to purchase some hunting land of my own. I have one deer feeder on our property. It is prefectly legal to feed deer and turkey but you are not allowed to hunt over it for turkey. No problem as we just feed to keep the deer/turkey on our land rather than the surrounding property.

Today while on my property I noticed tire tracks going through our field. I followed them and they led to the ridge where our feeder was. So I decided to go check my scouting camera to see if I had any pictures. When checking my scouting camera I discovered that someone had opened the camera a stole my SD memory card. However, there were 50 pictures on the internal memory of the camera.

So I brought the camera home and hooked up to my PC. To my amazement the first picture was of a DNR Officer standing at the feeder just after he had stolen my SD card. So my question is what shouldI do now? I have not broken any game laws whatsoever!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Call the police.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow... That is a crazy situation. I would call your district office right away and report this to them...

Good luck getting your gear back.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont think theres much you can do....i mean...how can you prove he stole it??

maybe get him with trespassing....but, all he porbably has to say was "probably cause" blah blah etc....and "i didnt see a scouting camera let alone steal a card..."

really no way to prove he did it...unless im missing something. could been a coincidence...someone else stole the camera and a could hours later the dnr officer came to investigate the feeder to make sure noone was hunting there.....or not..but COULD be....
Old 05-05-2008, 06:03 PM

The DNR Officer for sure took the memory card because 1 minute after the SD card was removed it took his picture.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fingerprints will prove his guilt, turn his ass in
Old 05-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me know how that turns out. Today while turkey hunting I caught a DNR employee trespassing chasing a bird on my property. He said he had permission to hunt to mySouth. My buddy hunting with me knew the guy and told me later he works for the DNR. He teaches Hunter Ed. Classes. I wonder what he is teaching them about TRESPASSING in those classes.He said he didn't know he had crossed the property line by about 300 yards.( I have it clearly marked with pink surveyers tape and spray paint on trees about every 50 feet.)

Oh, and by the way after talking to him the turkey stopped gobbling and we spooked it walking over the next ridge.[:@][:@][:'(][:'(]

Old 05-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

call da po-po

no but really call the police maybe, but deffinitely call the dnr and report the incident, and tell them you got the evidence to back it up.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:13 PM

I'd call the police first, DNR second, and the local newspaper third if the first two calls don't produce anything The third call tends to get results pretty quickly Local agencies are always trying to aviod negative press, and if you have pictures, time data, and tire tracks to back it up - it will fly sky high in the newspaper.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:37 PM

we still call em game wardens, and I would nail his ass, Im sick and tired of them walking around with complete immunity and throwing that damn badge in your face and harassing the wrong people. sorry, i just have little tolerance my area's DNR/game wardens. They seem to be worried about the law abiding people and let the outlaws go b/c they are scared of being beat in court by better lawyers.

Quick Reply: What Should I do, Caught DNR Stealing My Stuff???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.