Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer photo could be offesive >

Deer photo could be offesive

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer photo could be offesive

Old 05-04-2008, 07:21 AM

Default Deer photo could be offesive

I work for the federal gov't and every year it is mandatory that they givea class about EEO. One of there examples is if you have a nude pin up in your officeor even one of a hot babe in a bikini and someone finds it offesive you could be charged with an EEO complaint and could lose your job.

OK I can live with that, so I asked the instructor about a photo I have of my son with the ten point buck he shot, that is in my office. There is no disrespect in the photo to the deer, he is just sitting next to iton the back of my truck.

I asked the instructor if someone comes into my office and they don't like hunting and find that offesive could I be charged with and EEO complaint. His answer was yes, I would have to remove the photo and I could not have it in my office again. All I could do is shake my head.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer photo could be offesive

I know its not what you want to hear but unfortunately people do get offended by seeing dead animals. I think its wrong that you can lose your job just by posting a hunting pic

Nude pics offend m i find it degrading and lack of respect, but hunting pics no way. I is a shame but thats people for you.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 AM

I can understand it, it is a public setting. I don't know how far it would get if it was a posed picture where it didn't show any blood anything, but if it's in the back of the truck I could see them making you get rid it. It honestly wouldn't matter what the picture was, if someone didn't like it they could make you take it down. What if someone you worked with was into satanism, or the goth culture and had pictures like that up? You would probably find that offensive and not want to look at on a daily basis.

The same argument could be made with religious articles as well. What if I was an atheist and you had crosses and pictures of Jesus up. If I complained enough I could probably get them to make you remove them. Is it stupid, heck yes but I can see it happening. You are not at home, you are at a place of business. I work in a factory and when we went to Iraq I took in a stuffed bunny made out of desert camo (my step mom makes them and she made one for me during Desert Storm). I put some goggles on him, a little helmet and a toy toy gun. I set him on the table in front of me where I work in support of our troops. After a week someone complained and I had to take him home.

Paul
Old 05-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paul I would tell them to get bent! BTW who were you with in the Storm?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

Put a sign on your office door that says"If your easily offended by pictures of our heritage then please do not enter,If you need to get a hold of me asap use the company phone".
Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Ask yourself the only realistic question that needs asking.....

How much do you value your job?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

yet another way mainstream america has become the last haven for morons.

we are headed for hard times, because liberal mutants are breeding uncontrolably. Just the fact that we NEED a course on common sense makes me sick.

and the schools and universities keep pumping out more morons daily. morons that were taught by morons, raised by morons, and are now going to spread the disease.

wake up, people!

viva la revolucion!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If a person wants to file an EEO complaint they must contact an EEO counselor or the EEO office of their respective gov. agency. When talking to the counselor it will be determined if their complaint is one of the basis(es) covered by the EEO laws. Here is the following bases that are covered and I do not think you will find hunting pictures falling into any of the categories. I suppose graphic gore may fall into one somewhere but I wouldn't bet on it.

(This is from the "EEO Bible" the MD-110)
[ol][*]
Determining the Basis(es)
The aggrieved person must believe s/he has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex (including equal pay), religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or in retaliation for having participated in activity protected by the various civil rights statutes. The EEO Counselor should determine if the aggrieved person believes that his/her problem is the result of discrimination on one or more of the bases.[*]When the Basis(es) is not Covered by the EEO Regulations
If it is clear that the aggrieved person's problem does not involve a basis(es) covered by the regulations, the EEO Counselor should inform the aggrieved person and, if possible refer him/her to an appropriate source. If the aggrieved person insists that s/he wants to file a discrimination complaint, the Counselor should issue the notice of final interview. Under no circumstance should the Counselor attempt to dissuade a person from filing a complaint.
[/ol]
So, no need for a revolution just yet .
Old 05-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how far we are going to go with this crap b4 someone wakes up and points out that ANYTHING could be found offensive by someone. It's insanity at it's best. What if I don't like kids? Then everyone is going to have to remove all of their family photos. What if I'm offended by clothing? That could make the office an interesting place! What if I'm offended that your offended? It's individual differences that make this world a great place. Everyone should have a right to their opinion. No one has a right to impose it on someone else.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Amen...Magic and Moose fight the fight.
ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I wonder how far we are going to go with this crap b4 someone wakes up and points out that ANYTHING could be found offensive by someone. It's insanity at it's best. What if I don't like kids? Then everyone is going to have to remove all of their family photos. What if I'm offended by clothing? That could make the office an interesting place! What if I'm offended that your offended? It's individual differences that make this world a great place. Everyone should have a right to their opinion. No one has a right to impose it on someone else.

Quick Reply: Deer photo could be offesive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.