Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer photo could be offesive >

Deer photo could be offesive

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer photo could be offesive

Old 05-04-2008, 01:25 PM

Default RE: Deer photo could be offesive

i would be very particular about who i let enter me office...
Old 05-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

it is the way the world is going . I blame the lawyers people will sue for the stupidest things. they have nothing better to do I guess.
I think it was Florida a Congress women or Senator was trying to ban those silver bull testicles that people put on the trailer hitch. I just laughed when i saw that
I wish they would spend there time ,effort and money on more important stuff
Old 05-04-2008, 02:06 PM

In this case , I guess you could be fired for having a cross on your desk too, or a pic of Jesus or anything Christian... now, if it is Islamic or Hindu, or Zorastrian, or Buddhist, you will be fine, they don't offend people, it's only Christian ideology or philosophy that will get you.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:15 PM

If those people had any clue they would be more offended when they walk into the workplace cafeteria. The news lately shows that the factory-line mentality of producing food is what is really offensive, not providing for you and your family.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

In this case , I guess you could be fired for having a cross on your desk too, or a pic of Jesus or anything Christian... now, if it is Islamic or Hindu, or Zorastrian, or Buddhist, you will be fine, they don't offend people, it's only Christian ideology or philosophy that will get you.
Being christian myself it is easy to understand that this is merely because america is famous for trying to shove christianity down the throats of those who already had/have a religion.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

What if it's someone's baby photo I find some of them ugly ones offensive!!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 05:48 PM

Based on Bruce's definitions unless the complainer practices Deer worship and you killed their diety, I don't think there are grounds to force you to take it down.

If someone made me take down my hunting pics, I would be very tempted to go look at all their pictures for anything that could possibly offend me including eating of vegetables because I believe vegetables are a gift from God intended only to be consumed by food
Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

What if it's someone's baby photo I find some of them ugly ones offensive!!!!
Exactly! Especially the ones where there is puke or food all over.

Anyone else remember the old Jeff Foxworthy bit? I'll try to paraphrase it:

"...and there is nothing worse than someone who has an ugly baby and doesn't know it. Because they love to spring the pictures on you first thing in the morning.
They're all like ' Look, isn't he cute?' And I'm like "Sh*t, don't do that to me, I ain't even had my coffee yet!'
I had a buddy who's kid was so ugly everytime they took the kid to PetSmart when they walked out the alarm would go off!"
Old 05-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If someone told me to take down a stuffed bear that my mother made and sent to me while "I" was over seas fighting. I would tell them to get $#@*%!!!!! Then go find a new job I dont care how wonderfull of a place it was!

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Ask yourself the only realistic question that needs asking.....

How much do you value your job?
Old 05-04-2008, 06:43 PM

wahoo, I have to respectfully disagree. In fact, I think America has done just the opposite. They have shoved everything else down our throat and others in the world except Christianity. Our secular culture has been spread far and wide, im ok with that, however, in the last 30 yrs we have become a very anti-Christian nation and I not talking about separation of church and state. I mean that is ok with me as well, I just mean our morals and values arefar from being Christian. Are you still in school?

Quick Reply: Deer photo could be offesive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.