Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
It's a necessary evil ..... I don't like it
4.86%
It's necessary ..... I'm ok with it
20.83%
It's all part of the hunt .... I like it
36.11%
It's an awesome rush .... I love it
38.19%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

The Kill

Old 05-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Kill

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
The act of killing the animal isn't even the d'enouemont. The success of the hunt (in totality) is.
GMMAT,
Would you be willing to expound on that last statement? I'm not saying you're wrong.... you're right in saying that it's different for all of us. It's difficult for me to understand how you can have a successful hunt without it ending with a kill. I know that any hunt can bean enjoyable experience, but it seems to me thatan actual "hunt" isn't succesful until the quarry is captured or killed.

One other thing.... what in the world does "d'enouemont" mean? I tried to look it up, but got no match at all on the web. What is it? A crowning achievement, sort of?
Old 05-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry, LC...

It's a different way of saying that the "kill" (to me) is not the "crescendo"/"climax" of the successful hunt. The success of the hunt is at the end...when I can reflect back on the total experience.....in totality.

I happen to agree with you that a truly "successful" hunt ends with an animal being killed. It's not a particularly popular view, to many,.....but I agree with it.

quid pro quo ......answer me first .... what aspect is miissing in hunting with a paintball for you????
Sorry, PT...missed this...

You seem to think I don't understand an animal HAS to die for me to be a "successful" hunter. I'm fully aware of that. I accept it. I don't lose sleep over it. But for me to say that I "enjoy killing".....wouldn't be truthful.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Let me ask......

Does the man who slaughters cattle for a living enjoy the killing? Or....does he recognize it as part of the process that puts meat on the table?
quid pro quo ......answer me first .... what aspect is miissing in hunting with a paintball for you????
still waiting ....
Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got ya, GMMAT. Man, I hate sounding ignorant, but when I saw that word, I actually was. I took French in school, but... well.. you know.[&o]
Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

I got ya, GMMAT. Man, I hate sounding ignorant, but when I saw that word, I actually was. I took French in shool, but... well.. you know.[&o]
Shool?????[:-]
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got ya, GMMAT. Man, I hate sounding ignorant, but when I saw that word, I actually was. I took French in shool, but... well.. you know.[&o]
Dang it, Tony![:@] I"ve been lettin' you slide on so many lately and you swing around and pull this. Okay... message edited.[X(] Now then.... game on![8D]
Old 05-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang it, Tony![:@] I"ve been lettin' you slide on so many lately and you swing around and pull this. Okay... message edited.[X(] Now then.... game on![8D]
LOL ... I hav bin thee typo king latly ......ewe woent half to munch prolbem ....
Old 05-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL ... I hav bin thee typo king latly ......ewe woent half to munch prolbem ....
Nice!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:40 AM

This has gotten way to deep for me I am not smart enough to put it into words I think if you asked me this ? in my early twenties I would have said I love the kill but now I can t put my feelings into words.If one loves the kill so much as they say why use a bow or even a self bow use the biggest scope and rifle you can get.I think the indians feltsadness when they killed somthing and joy even though they would die without it
Old 05-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have any of you ever held a loved dog (pet) while it was killed? Did you enjoy that kill?

I kill my chickens to eat them. I don't enjoy killing them but I can't eat them unless I kill them.

I kill deer to eat them. You can't eat something unless you kill it. Does that mean you have enjoy the killing part? Or isthe killingjust necessary so that you can eat them?

If I shoot deer with a paintball they won't die and I can't eat them .

Quick Reply: The Kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.