Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
It's a necessary evil ..... I don't like it
4.86%
It's necessary ..... I'm ok with it
20.83%
It's all part of the hunt .... I like it
36.11%
It's an awesome rush .... I love it
38.19%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

The Kill

Old 05-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Kill

I don't have a problem with killing them, never have, b/c it's part of the deal, but I hate to see an animal suffer, whether it's a bird, deer, dog, whatever.

Near the end of last season I spine shot a deer and as a last resort, had to finish her with my knife. Now that one bothered me alot (big understatement) andIpray that doesn't EVER happen again.

As mentioned, hunters should have Dignity and Respect for the animals God allows us to hunt.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

It's hard to explain to someone who has'nt hunted,to me it is a huge rush and at the same time a letdown,because I know I just took a life,but i understand that killing is part of hunting,I get more from the actually hunting than the actual killing,but they both go hand in hand.I would be concerned about people who really get pleasure from the act of killing rather than the whole experince of the hunt which cumalates into a successfull kill.I hope this makes some sense.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

When I kill an animal I hope I do it in a manner that leaves the animal with its' dignity and treat it with respect after I have killed it.
Amen Bruce

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool
I get my rush from the whole experience of the hunt than just the Kill itself!!!!
Joe ... I don't want it to sound like that's what I'm saying ..... but the kill is the climax .... the period on the sentence if you will. All the practice pre-season ..... When you put the time in to scout and in the woods ..... waking up in the middle of the night ....keeping your clothes as scent free as possible ....getting to your stand as quietly as you can ... the crackling of leaves as hooves penatrate the forest floor ... the sight of your quarry .... that tense moment when you are able to draw ..... finding your spot ..... the release of the arrow and the subsequent, "WHACK!" sound as you push a razor sharp broadhead thru your trophy's chest cavity ..... watching as the deer slows from his death run ... he starts to stumble, falling over ....dead.

You see, it's the kill that seperates us from camera men or nature watchers ...... it's the kill that causes PETA to even be around ..... it's the kill
Old 05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I take no thrill nor do I feel any remorse when I kill an animal. I don't like it if I mess up the shot and its not a clean kill, but I move on. I will say that there may not be a better feeling as when you see the deer go down, but I don't equate that with joy in killing, cause at that moment I'm not thinking of a dead deer, I'm elated at a successful hunt.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I will say that there may not be a better feeling as when you see the deer go down, but I don't equate that with joy in killing, cause at that moment I'm not thinking of a dead deer, I'm elated at a successful hunt.
Ryan......So why not use a paint ball .... sorry, but the kill, taking the life, laying your hands on the dead animal, has more to do with your elationthan I think you are giving it credit for ....... just a thought ...
Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Killing is part of hunting. If I didn't like it, I would just be a nature Lover, and if that was the case I would sit on the deck and watch the Wildlife

Dan
Old 05-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: killadoe

I love everything about it...
Ditto.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

When I kill an animal I hope I do it in a manner that leaves the animal with its' dignity and treat it with respect after I have killed it.
Amen Bruce

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool
I get my rush from the whole experience of the hunt than just the Kill itself!!!!
Joe ... I don't want it to sound like that's what I'm saying ..... but the kill is the climax .... the period on the sentence if you will. All the practice pre-season ..... When you put the time in to scout and in the woods ..... waking up in the middle of the night ....keeping your clothes as scent free as possible ....getting to your stand as quietly as you can ... the crackling of leaves as hooves penatrate the forest floor ... the sight of your quarry .... that tense moment when you are able to draw ..... finding your spot ..... the release of the arrow and the subsequent, "WHACK!" sound as you push a razor sharp broadhead thru your trophy's chest cavity ..... watching as the deer slows from his death run ... he starts to stumble, falling over ....dead.

You see, it's the kill that seperates us from camera men or nature watchers ...... it's the kill that causes PETA to even be around ..... it's the kill
I hear ya Tony, I know exactly what your saying and its all good! Good post, make me want to be in the woods as I type this! I guess with everything else going on I don't even think about what I'm about to do, I'm so into the moment, I just do it!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:43 PM

I like it, it's like hearing a dinner bell ring.

Do fishermen have polls like this?

Quick Reply: The Kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.