HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   what colour of fletching? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/244685-what-colour-fletching.html)

remington_girl 05-02-2008 05:25 AM

what colour of fletching?

Hey gang, just wondered what you'd recommend as good colours for fletchings? I chose red and yellow.

Pics would be great too :D

txjourneyman 05-02-2008 05:33 AM

RE: what colour of fletching?

Its spelled COLOR here in America! LOL. I try to use a light COLOR. Most of my arrows have been capped and crested with a white base color and then fletched with 2 white and 1 flourescent yellow Blazer. The reason I've done this is for better visibility both for seeing point of impact and finding the arrow after the shot. It also helps determine the type of blood on the arrow. The white makes it pretty easy to tell if you hit lungs , guts, etc.

dbleyepatches 05-02-2008 05:34 AM

This is all personal preference but I like green, yellow, and white. These three colors seem to be the easiest for me to see at dawn/dusk as the arrow is in flight.

remington_girl 05-02-2008 05:58 AM

You missed the "u" in colour [8D]

Kidding, im only winding you up, my boyfriend has the same problem living here - he has to spell everything to UK standards lol.

I ordered yellow and red do you reckon that is bright enough?

txjourneyman 05-02-2008 06:05 AM

It should be if you use the red as the cock feather or vane. The 2 yellows should show up well. Have you considered capping and cresting or using wraps. They really help with visibility. The member Onestringer makes custom wraps at a very reasonable price. Look up his work in the archery classified forum.

remington_girl 05-02-2008 06:10 AM

Hey there, yeah the red is going to be the main one and the yellow second. Thanks for the link :D

txjourneyman 05-02-2008 06:32 AM

hey, what the heck does your signature say? In american I mean.

remington_girl 05-02-2008 07:32 AM

Its Gaelic for

No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string.

Its not widely spoken here now as generations went on, English is 95% of the populations first language now but you see the odd road sign etc in Gaelic up in the Highlands ;)

RLoving1 05-02-2008 11:43 AM

Excuse Greg R/G he works at a school but doesn't want to ask a student to research your sig. line!:eek:I fletched my arrows with flo pink/white,the cock vane is white.I got my daily ration of grief over my colour choice...I dish it out so I'll take it:).Everyone eyes adjust different to colors...yours maybe the best for your eyes.I need to get glasses myself.;)

remington_girl 05-02-2008 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

Excuse Greg R/G he works at a school but doesn't want to ask a student to research your sig. line!:eek:I fletched my arrows with flo pink/white,the cock vane is white.I got my daily ration of grief over my colour choice...I dish it out so I'll take it:).Everyone eyes adjust different to colors...yours maybe the best for your eyes.I need to get glasses myself.;)
Hahaha its ok, Gaelic is more of an old forgotton language now (during the days of Sir William Wallace when England tried to get their greedy hands on our fine country)
I hope the red I got for the cock vane isn't too dull but I am sure the yellow will be bright :D