HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bowhunting in Illinois??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/24419-bowhunting-illinois.html)

Z71GeorgiaHunter 02-22-2003 09:31 PM

Bowhunting in Illinois???

Georgia hunter here!!!! Got a Bowhunting trip booked for Pike County,Illinois. this year, week of November 8th through the 12th,is this a good week for the rut,and how is the weather?? I have seen videos made in the famous pike co,,,just wondering what to expect,,,,,,i can barely wait,just hope i don' t wound a trophy of a lifetime!!! I don' t think my MATHEWS will let me down.

Big Country 02-22-2003 09:46 PM

RE: Bowhunting in Illinois???

Georgia Hunter, I hunt in pike co. every year. November 8-12 should be heading into the heat of the rut. The weather could be from one end of the scale to the other.
I have hunted there in mid november in 80 degrees, and in the teens. From what I have learned in 6 years of hunting pike for three weeks at a time, if the temp. doesn`t get above the mid 50`s you should see plenty of action!

Where in pike co. are you hunting? Are you going with an outfitter?

jhunter 02-23-2003 12:12 PM

Are you going with an Outfitter, it sounds like you are. What outfitter are you using?

SCC Outdoors 02-23-2003 01:18 PM

I have hunted lower Poke Co. IL (souther IL) You should be hitting pretty close on the rut, if the weather will cooperate. I have some pics of last years buck on my web site www.sccoutdoors.com. He was not the biggest but I love odd racks and by the picture from the top you can see what I was looking at from the stand. That is when I decided to go ahead and take him.

hunt4hobbie 02-23-2003 01:53 PM

It looks like you took a very good week for the rut. I took off from the 8th of Nov. to the 21st of Nov. this year. I may go down to Pope county for a week during that time. The weather could be any direction hopefully it is cold.
Goodluck IL. is a great place to hunt

midwestxpress 02-23-2003 06:12 PM

Pike co. is good, but don' t go down there with the attitude that there is a P&Y behind every tree. You still need to hunt hard and live in the stand. Good Luck!

jimmya 02-23-2003 06:25 PM

you should be in the middle of prime time. Pike Co. has some good hunting but as mentiond before do not expect the monster nothing is a guatentee. Hunt hard and most importantly have fun and be safe.
also as mentioned before the temps could be from the 50tys to single didgets. i prefer 30tys and 40tys. it seems like the deer move a little better where i am at. I hope Il. can bring the dream alive and live up to your expectations. good luck