Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow...... >

**Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

**Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

Old 04-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

was that bird from new york>? Did i miss opening day?I thought it was may 1st for NY....
Old 04-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bird Matt!!! Great pictures as well. Rob, too bad it didn't work out for you guys, sounds like you were on them all day. As for me...well...um...wait for the story here in a bit...[&:]
Old 04-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, RJ. Nice bird!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greatbird, congrats!!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Kamil

was that bird from new york>? Did i miss opening day?I thought it was may 1st for NY....
No, Matt was hunting his PA property today. LOL
Old 04-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Bartender

Congrats Matt and Good Luck to our PA blood brothers.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pic, Matt!! Congratulations on an awesome bird!

Sounds like you guys had a great day, Rob... I'd just love to get out and be able to interact like with them like that once... but I hate mornings too much, ya know!
Old 04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great bird, Matt, 25 pounds what a beast.

Now go get one with you bow!!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. He is by far the heaviest I have ever taken. I was really surprised at his weight. I weighed him the first time on my scale and he tipped it at 24lbs, and honestly thought the scale was maybe reading a little heavy. Later that morningI checked the scale using a 20lb weight to re-zero it and weighed him again.............25lbs after adjusting the scale.

It was a great morning, he gobbled a few times for me however came in silent the last 200 yards, popping in and out of strut the whole way giving us a great show till he stopped at 42 yards and stuck his head up. The new 870 dropped him dead as a box of hammers and he didn't even flop. He was standing within a yard of where Rob shot his doe at my place last fall, in the field directly in front of my cabin. Lisa was actually in the cabin (300ish yards away) and watched the whole show..........and best of all my Dad was next to me to share it all.

Dan and I are headed back down on Thursday night this week and taking Friday off to hunt. We will hunt Friday morning, and then hopefully roost some Friday night for us to get Matt on first thing Saturday. I know there are at least 9 more 2+ year old birds on the property so chances are pretty good we will end up on birds again at some point before next weekend is over.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: **Updated Again 5/2** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

We got it done again this morning guys. Matt..........your next up!! [8D]

It was a fairly quiet morning for this property, had less than 10 gobbles and all distant up until I glassed a group of 5 longbeards entering the field in front of my cabin about 250 yards from my blind at around 6:15 or so. I managed to turn them around with some yelping and cackling (boy they were warm and responsive once they saw the decoys), and all 5 came running full tilt into our decoy spread, stopping to double and triple gobble and strut 30 yards out. Dan waspatient and shot his tom at about 15 yards from the blind, dropped him in a heap. Pictures to come soon (camera is charging) but he is 20lbs, 9.5" beard, and has a matching set of 1.5" hooks. The other 4 gobblers in the group didn't even know what happened and stuck aroundfor 10 minutes or so gobbling and trying to figure out what happened to their buddy.We hung out in the blind and let them go off on their own so that we didn't educate them. I still don't think they know what happened.

I'll have pics up in the next few hours once we enjoy a bit of coffee.

Quick Reply: **Updated a 3rd time - 5/3** - Best of luck to my PA brothers tomorrow......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.