Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond and PSE

Old 04-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diamond and PSE

Hello all.. I'm thinking of purchasing my first compound bow this summer and I wanted to get everyone's opinions about these couple of bows I have narrowed it down to for now. I like the Liberty and Justice from Diamond and the Thunderbolt and Brute from PSE. I'm a newbie so dont be to hard on me here.. but I'd apprreciate everyones input and advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Diamond and PSE

I shoot the Diamond Black Ice...it isnt a speed burner but it is a GREAT bow....My buddy shoots the Justice and it is also a great bow, not quite as smooth as my black ice but still a great bow...I havnt shot much for PSE bows but I really do think Diamond has a pretty good line...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot the Black Ice and Marquis, both great bows from Diamond. I have shot some higher end PSE's but didn't shoot as well for me as the Diamonds. Try shooting them all and see which one feels best, I am heading out to shoot some Matthews, Hoyt's and Bowtech's in a little bit.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I now own my second Diamond. Great bows. I can't speak for PSE having never owned one. If you buy a Diamond I doubt you will ever regret it.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well with the given bows youve posted assuming your minds made up up on one of the 4 i would personally go with the Diamond Liberty, its a great shooting little bow, pretty smooth and quiet... honestly, i say this because it is the only one i have any experience with of the 4 you listed. but i doubt that would change anyhting.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I really, really enjoy shooting my Liberty. It's the "back up" to my Marquis, but honestly it is working hard to win my heart. I don't really care for the Black Ice - but that's me, it's too short.

Another big plus for the Liberty is the price - to obtain that quality at $550 TYD, you can afford to spend more for your sight and rest (and a Mean V suppressor, of course!)
Old 04-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't regretted getting either of my Diamond bows. I had a Victory and just this week I got a Marquis. I have no experience with the PSE's other than holding them in some stores. Diamond's and PSE's are two very different feeling brands of bows.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned 2 Diamond bows and I have nothing bad to say about them. And I will keep shooting Diamond/Bowtech until i find something better, and up to now, I haven't.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Typical Buck

I owned a pse Bruin and reciently bought a Bowtech general. Definately go with the Diamond
Old 04-26-2008, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own a PSEand am thinking of upgrading, I'd definitely get the Bowtech if I could afford it. I have heard alot of good stuff about them on this forum

Quick Reply: Diamond and PSE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.