Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 See your arrow hit the target? >

See your arrow hit the target?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

See your arrow hit the target?

Old 04-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: See your arrow hit the target?

I can't say I have ever seen the arrow, but I've always seen impact. My concentration is set on the animal, not the arrow. Iusually see impact with a firestick too.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say I have seen 70% of my shots impact , I typically use bright feathers for hunting and I believe it depends on where you are hunting as well. It is going to be easier to see your arrow impact in an open field as opposed to deep in the woods
Old 04-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot white arrows with white wraps and nocks, my bow is definatly not the speediest but i can still see them pretty clear in flight. Im sure that has something to do with it...
Old 04-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

It depends on lighting for me. In good light I see it hit usually, except as Matt states, on deer it's more a hole appearing or the hair being disturbed. Most targets I see it.. again depending on light. If I'm shooting a black face(hunter round target) it's harder in poor light but the flo green nocks help then.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

I can see my arrows in flight when I concentrate and make a good shot when I pull my head or have bad form it makes it harder to seem my arrows and sometimes I can see it porposing.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Good point, Don. Yes....I shoot 5" hard right helical on my trad arrows.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Other than lighting issues, or how well you actually see I don't think it would matter if it was a target or a deer. If you are aiming correctly, as in aiming through the shot how can you not see the arrow impact the target? If you are staring at the spot you are aiming at completely through the shot and the arrow hits the spot you aimed at you are obviously going to see it. Unless you just can't see that far.

I have a little trouble seeing where my arrows hit beyond 40 yards, but it's simply because I can't something that small at that distance. At 30 yards and in it's not a problem for me, and I haven't shot a deer beyond 25 yards yet so I see the arrow go through the deer, or where it hits if it doesn't pass through.

I also shoot with both eyes open, maybe that makes a difference?

Paul
Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

The fletching size and angle is a good point. I shoot 4" (two white and a grey) with a hard angle at about 275...I see my arrows hit as long as I am at least 10 yards from the poi. I see the dot of the knock in flight with the blur of fletchings around it, but I dont focus on that, its more of a vague shape on the upper edge of my tunnel vision to the target. On animals it is the same way, however for the few I have shot at under 10 yards, i have seen the entrance but only occationally the arrow dissapearing into it.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

If you are aiming correctly, as in aiming through the shot how can you not see the arrow impact the target?
By missing. LOL
Old 04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

This whole subject is one of the reasons I'm excited about using lighted nocks this year. For all the tinkering I've done over the years, for all the "toys" I own... I've just never tried them.

But as I encounter that lovely time period when my eyes are succumbing to middle age (I just had to start using reading glasses last month; it was either that, or take my contacts out every time I needed to see something up close ), I am genuinely pumped about trying out this technology and being able to more positively identify my shot placement on game animals.

Quick Reply: See your arrow hit the target?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.