Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

VIRUS WARNING

Old 02-23-2003, 02:27 PM

Default RE: VIRUS WARNING

Do not jump your string. The person may be totally innocent and unaware that he or she is sending a virus.

The sender may be unaware that his or her system might have previously been infected with a virus that auto-attaches to the person' s outgoing email without the sender' s knowledge, or sends a separate infected email as the sender sends out a clean one.

Some of these viruses will send infected mail to all that is in the person' s address book as though the person (owner) has actually sent the mail.

Old 02-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bowfan,

At least give us the name the virus was sent under so that person either knows that he/she is being subjected to and or might not know their computer is infected and the email might be sent unaware.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:54 PM

I think I got the same thing ...maybe from the same person. I never open any of that stuff anyway and if I do I always scan it.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowfan,

At least give us the name the virus was sent under so that person either knows that he/she is being subjected to and or might not know their computer is infected and the email might be sent unaware.
They sent it under Huntnma' s name and she knows all about it. I' m not going to name names here but this person screwed up.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Bowfanatic, sorry about the virus. I got an e-mail virus about a year ago, and it sent itself to everbody in my address book, and I didn' t have a clue what was goin on. that is untill mudfish sent me a pm asking me why I sent him a virus. I assured him It was not intentional, and that I didn' t know enough about a computer to send a virus even if I wanted to. I still don' t know how I got it, and I guess it eventually run itself out of my system.
so a virus is not always sent intentionally. maybe that' s what happened in your case, reckon?

but, if I was 100% sure it was intentional, and knew who sent it, I' d dang sure post his name for everbody to see!![:@]