HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Why do some guys like Slow bows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/243658-why-do-some-guys-like-slow-bows.html)

twildasin 04-24-2008 09:08 AM

Why do some guys like Slow bows?

Ok in light of the other thread that really got nowhere I figured we would go the other way![8D]

kickin_buck 04-24-2008 09:10 AM

RE: Why do some guys like Slow bows?

Some people cannot shoot speed. Depending on what flaws you have in your form, so shoot a slower bow better, while others shoot better with a faster bow. I had a High Country that was shooting in the 350's and I flat out could not control it. I find I shoot best shooting between 290 and 300.

BowHuntingFool 04-24-2008 09:11 AM

I got a new "SloBow" this year and just LOVE watching my arrow fly to its Target! Pretty cool!:)

valor10 04-24-2008 09:18 AM

I can draw 70lbs all day in the yard. Doing it after sitting for a few hours in the cold after sunrise? Been there, missed that! Shot placement and broadhead sharpness. After that, everything else is just niceties and money, including KE and FPS. I spend on the rest to help the economy :D.

Germ 04-24-2008 09:19 AM

Accurate
Quiet
Forgiveness

Everything a Speed bow is not, LOL

twildasin 04-24-2008 09:19 AM

different strokes for different folks! Hey(kickinbutt) 290-300 is fast.

twildasin 04-24-2008 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Accurate
Quiet
Forgiveness

HUH? My General is as accurate and forgiving and smooth and quiet as they come! Im shooting 300FPS.

Germ 04-24-2008 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: twildasin

ORIGINAL: Germ

Accurate
Quiet
Forgiveness

HUH? My General is as accurate and forgiving and smooth and quiet as they come! Im shooting 300FPS.
300FPS that is slow, LOL What is your DL? What is the IBO on the General(I don't know).

Schultzy 04-24-2008 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I got a new "SloBow" this year and just LOVE watching my arrow fly to its Target! Pretty cool!:)
Yep me too BHF. The funny thing is slow bows kill animals too just the same.;)

twildasin 04-24-2008 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Yep me too BHF. The funny thing is slow bows kill animals too just the same.;)
10-4 on that Schutzy...Germ I am a 29" draw length 70# very light arrow! Thats all I will say cause Im not getting into another debat about arrow weight! [8D]