Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do some guys like Slow bows? >

Why do some guys like Slow bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do some guys like Slow bows?

Old 04-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do some guys like Slow bows?

ORIGINAL: twildasin

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

different strokes for different folks! Hey(kickinbutt) 290-300 is fast.
I never said 290-300 is slow, but it is not as fast as 350. 300fps is what I think the perfect hunting speed is if you can get that with decent arrow weight. I had to cut way down on arrow weight to get 350 (shooting HCA's speed pro arrows) and I think that had a lot to do with me shooting it like ass.
Remember when 220fps was blazing....
I remember when I was shooting in the 240's and thinking that I was hot ****. I remember the first time I seen a bow touch 300 and thinking, "Thats it, they have done as much with archery as they possibly can".
Old 04-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Site Bouncer

I really don't care if it's fast or slow.....sightscan be adjustedto any speed. What I care about is shootability. If I can shoot it good in hunting situations (heavy clothes, weird angles, sitting, standing, kneeling, etc...)then that's the bow for me, no matter how fast or slow it is.

For now I'm really enjoying my generous brace height anddeflex riser bows, they (to me) are the perfect hunting rigs.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

To say "My bow shoots slower than your bow"

...it worked in the other one[&:]
Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, no, no... It's so they can say, "Unlike you morons that have to have super fast bows to hit something at unknown distance, I know how to freakin' judge yardage."[8D]
Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

No, no, no... It's so they can say, "Unlike you morons that have to have super fast bows to hit something at unknown distance, I know how to freakin' judge yardage."[8D]
I love it!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
bigcountry

I have owned 10 or so bows and you know you come to the conclusion after that, that I can't say I have killed any more deer due to my bow being faster.

Only thing I can say is a huge improvement over the last 25 years is my commander is by far the most quiet and shock free bow I have owned. Last year, was the first time I could actually hear the arrow hit the deer because it was so quiet.

Other than that, if one feels they can't get the job done at 230fps, then they sure can't get it done at 350fps.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

No, no, no... It's so they can say, "Unlike you morons that have to have super fast bows to hit something at unknown distance, I know how to freakin' judge yardage." [8D]
Alright Arthur, your on a roll!!!!!!!!!! Good stuff!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I can say my 2002 ProTec at 60 pounds gives me exactly the same speed with exactly the same weight arrow as my 1988 ProVantage did at 80 pounds. Although, it never has been quite as accurate or consistent for me as the old ProVantage was.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Three daughters...Already paid for one wedding, another one next summer, two college degrees, one Masters degree, three cars and the extra insurance charges that go with that....

That's why I shoot a slow bow!!!

But.....Knowing I'll be a grand daddy by Christmas, makes it all woth while....
Old 04-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Three daughters...Already paid for one wedding, another one next summer, two college degrees, one Masters degree, three cars and the extra insurance charges that go with that....

That's why I shoot a slow bow!!!

But.....Knowing I'll be a grand daddy by Christmas, makes it all woth while....
congrats!

Quick Reply: Why do some guys like Slow bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.