HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Wanting a new bow and need help. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/243462-wanting-new-bow-need-help.html)

deerhunter729 04-22-2008 06:19 PM

Wanting a new bow and need help.

I've finally came to the conclusion that I need a new bow. Right now I'm shooting a PSE Bruin and its not the greatest. I'm wanting to spend about 650.00. I need some input before I decide because all the Archery shops around here have there own agenda of what I should buy. So, I wanted to know what you guys thought.

[/align]

RLoving1 04-22-2008 06:23 PM

RE: Wanting a new bow and need help.

650 you can get a great used bow or nearly new on here for that!Just go to shops and see what they got and see if you can try them.

MeanV2 04-22-2008 06:26 PM

Don't overlook the Diamond line by BowTech and also the BowTech Tomkat is worth your consideration. One of the best buys in the industry, and very under rated.

Dan

Rhino259 04-22-2008 07:14 PM

You should also look into the Fred Bear Line of bows. They make some very nice bows at affordable prices.

jbowersox 04-22-2008 07:15 PM

I just got a Diamond Marquis and am more than happy.

davs2601 04-22-2008 09:59 PM

Well hot dog!! I also had a PSE Bruin and I just reciently purchased a Bowtech General......What a dream. My PSE was great for the first few years in the woods, but I eventually wanted to upgrade just like you. One of the best places I shopped at when I was trying to choose a bow was at Sportsmans Warehouse. They were simply amazing, they let me shoot and bow till my hearts content. They carry Bowtech,Diamond,Refelx, anda few others I cant recall. Just take your time and shoot as many bows as you can till you find the one that you love. If a dealer is being a pain in the butt and not wanting to let you shoot or if he acts like he is irritated becasue he has to set a few up for you then he obviously dosent want your business. Dont get me wrong.....if you go during thier peak times then you wont get the attention you need. Try to go during the week about an hour after the open. By then they should have had at least one or two cups of coffee and raring to go. Good luck to you

sarawanski 04-22-2008 10:38 PM

The fred bear truth 2 should be a serious consideration. its priced right at $650 and in my point of view performs right up there with the mathews. its very smooth, considerably fast, well balanced and quiet. hope this helps you out.

racewayking 04-22-2008 10:52 PM

I shot the Diamond Black Ice and Marquis a couple of weeks ago and they were pretty nice bows. They were priced in the 650-700 range.

kybuck20032001 04-23-2008 12:00 AM

Mathews DXT

After shooting Mathews I forgot about all other bows. I thought they went out of buisness.

So here is the order
1) Mathews
2) Hoyt

buckmaster 04-23-2008 12:08 AM

for 650 i would suggest a something like a used bowtech, the Allegiance is the perfect all around bow, and an 07 Allegiance should be very findable in your price range. if you want brand new... i also suggest the Diamond, or Fred Bear line, they make great bows, but you will simply shoot them for yourself to find what you like the best.

It's just like this guy above me.... He shot a matthew's and forgot about all others.... and for me, I'm like Matthew who?