Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your pet peeve? >

What is your pet peeve?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your pet peeve?

Old 04-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is your pet peeve?

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

ORIGINAL: MarquetteMagnum

I would say rifle hunters in general. I do rifle hunt, but mostly because I feel obligated too. I hate seen all the deer I let go all bowseason long get pushed out and slaughtered by some jerk in a prisoner suit. I am a little selfish this way and I cannot help it. I have land I hunt on and live on but it is family property. I am the only person in the woods except gun season. then there is nine people in there and it is spoiled until next fall.
ORIGINAL: fletch920

Elitists that think bowhunting is the only way to hunt and speak poorly of hunters that enjoy other types of hunting.
I'll second you fletch! One of the greatest things my 11th grade World Cultures teacher ever said was, "Just because someone's culture is different than yours doesn't make them any more or less right." Hunters of any kind at the root of it all are the same...hunters. Some choose different ways to hunt, but it doesn't make them any more right or wrong.
Third........

Fourth.........then claim if I would of had a gun in my hands I would of killed it for sure!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

People who tell you they are gonna go hunting with you, and at the last minute back out. Especially the ones that you have scouted for and put forth some effort to ensure they have an enjoyable experience. Then call you the night before and say they are not going to be able to make it.

Or like my buddy never takes care of his equipment, he shoots his bow 2 weeks before season, has no idea about form aor anything. His strings look like crap his bow is loud, he just dont care. Then his muzzleloader is always dirty and messed up and wont group the size of a pie plate at 50 yards. Then on opening day of rifle season kills 3 deer at one time then goes back the next day and kills 2 more (which is illegal in this state).

Somebody who thinks they have to kill more deer than you. I hate somebody who turns deer hunting into a competition, they shoot anything they see and proclaim to be a better hunter than you because they killed a yearling doe or a button buck. Great white hunter shooting baby deer, heck with a corn pile and a 30-06 you should be able to kill all the baby deer your heart desires...

Sorry it was so long,

Old 04-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

People giving advice on how to kill big bucks then in another thread, say they've not killed a buck yet [&:]
Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trespassers.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

Trespassers.
Thats another good one!!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

My pet peeve is people who worry about what other people do, think or say, as long as it is not hurting anyone else!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Putting down other hunters for their choice of what they shoot. I.E. smaller bucks, doe, etc.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

People who are flinging arrows way out there at live animals just because they can hit a target in the vitals that don't move when practicing.
That is mine as well.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:18 PM

This is a simple. this happen''s to be my Peeve and the number one problem created by so called Hunter's against land owner's here in Washington State. TRESPASSING!. I happen to be a Volunteer Hunter's Ed instructor and A Former Peace Officer as well as a land Owner. Nothing Tans my Hide more than a person Either HUNTS, CROSSES, and Or HUNTS AND CROSSES why dragging their Harvest across my property and decides to Field dress out on my property. My Second peeve is when a hunter knocks on your day in the early morning on the first day of the Hunt asking for permission to hunt on my property. We teach Ethics, Morales, and respect for your Fellow Human Being. If a property is marked for no hunting or need written permission. DO So!. ask for permission. I usually scout weeks or months in advance. Either make contact with the landowner or write down their Address and write them a Letter telling them about yourself, some of your beliefs and your HIGH respect for their Property, and that you would not think of Disrespecting their rights.
Many property owners land where handed down from generation to generation. My property came from my ancestor's that pioneered and Homesteaded during the Mid to late 1800's. So you could see why most owner's blow their lids when you just TRESPASS. My last Note. when you step on someones property they might be NON Hunter's. so when you trespass, they will have a poor conceived notion that all hurter's do the same thing. (which we all know that's not True). so when you talk to someone about hunting, your not just trying to get permission to hunt, your also a ambassador for all hunter's. VERY SIMPLE: RESPECT.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM

For rifle hunters, my pet peeve is people who shoot the first deer that walks by, even if its a spike

Quick Reply: What is your pet peeve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.