Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer meat wraped in bacon >

Deer meat wraped in bacon

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer meat wraped in bacon

Old 04-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer meat wraped in bacon

Had that tonight, with a couple of beers, man it was awsome.[8D]I just wanted to share that with yall.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer meat wraped in bacon

Got to love the bacon, makes every thing taste alot better. what kind of beer ya drink, I am a coors light kind of guy. unless they got guiness on tap, then it's an Irish night.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cooked some backstraps on the grill Sunday. I marinaided them in some mexican seasonings first. Those were really good. Nice, thick medium rare, YUM YUM!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:27 AM

When we wrap small, slightly less than golfball size pieces of backstrap with bacon, we marinate them overnight in Italian dressing and then grill them.

We call them "Deer-kabobs".

It's really as good as food gets.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where are mine? Oh man I would love to have some deer meat in the freezer. But I didn't shoot onelast season.[&o]
Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I usually cut all my backstraps in half and wrap in bacon before cooking (indirect heat). I like to cook them until they're red in the middle.....then pull them off and wrap them in tin foil to complete the cooking process (regulated, easier). They'll continue to cook, if wrapped, well.

Good stuff.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Killer Primate posted a recipe that involved bacon and asparagus. Man that is some good stuff. It has become my favorite deer recipe.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I wrap my asparagus in bacon, too, tx. I just put it in foil (w/ butter) and make that its own dish. Good stuff, indeed.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I usually cut all my backstraps in half and wrap in bacon before cooking (indirect heat). I like to cook them until they're red in the middle.....then pull them off and wrap them in tin foil to complete the cooking process (regulated, easier). They'll continue to cook, if wrapped, well.

Good stuff.
Man that sounds tasty Jeff! I wanna try and cook these straps like you do this fall at bear camp. Open fire is how I'll do it. Give me some details on how to do it if you would please.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

If you saw rob's photos from the little cookout at my house, Sunday....you'll notice my cooker. I can regulate the temps to hover around 220deg.

I just break toothpicks and secure the bacon to the meat.....and then I place them on a sheet of tin foil. Wrap it up and pull it off when the meat reaches the desired temp......maybe a little shy of the desired temp.....and let it continue to cook in the foil for a short time.

If I were gonna do it on an open fire.....I'd wrap the entire piece of meat up in foil and keep a check on it to prevent overcooking.

Quick Reply: Deer meat wraped in bacon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.