Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone have a photo of a "Fisher" (animal)? >

Anyone have a photo of a "Fisher" (animal)?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone have a photo of a "Fisher" (animal)?

Old 04-20-2008, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Anyone have a photo of a "Fisher" (animal)?

My sister in law is in town from Connecticut....and she says she's seen one, twice, in the last 9 years.

I'm wondering what their range is in the US. My landowner has seen "something" he can't accurately describe, here.....and I was just wondering. I know NOTHING about this animal.

Any help?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone have a photo of a "Fisher" (animal)?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2299436&mpage=1

look at post 21 in this thread, their is a good pic of one
Old 04-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, their range is expanding all the way from Canada to Virginia now. I just read soemthign on the VA wildlife commission that they have established themselves there. Really neat animals. I have 3 in the freezer right now that I am gonna do for a competition piece
Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont they eat pork-e-pines(sp)..?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MdDave

dont they eat pork-e-pines(sp)..?
Yes they do!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

dave, i dont know if they do eat porcipines...rumor has it that the PA game commission reestablished populations in PA to help control the porcis because they are the only thing that will eat them but they found out that they dont eat them.

my buddy has a camp up north and once they started seeing fishers they noticed that the squirrel population plumeted. they used to have tons of grey and black squirrels...ive been hunting up there for probably 5 years now and i havent seen a squirrel yet...i have seen many different porcis...i havent seen a fisher yet...found tracks...the population seems to be pretty strong though...different guys have seen fishers way far apart around the same time on the same day...and a guy ran a trap line across the road and caught and released like 4 or something last year...the PGC proposed a season for them...im pumped...might have to learn to trap! we go up for a week or so between Christmas and Newyears every year..

i saw something in a different county i cant ID...it was either a weasle, mink, or fisher...all i know is when it came through the chipmunks in the area went NUTS and didnt like it at all...i didnt realize how much higher i was in my stand than im used to so i couldnt get a good judgment of size on it...
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mauser06

dave, i dont know if they do eat porcipines...rumor has it that the PA game commission reestablished populations in PA to help control the porcis because they are the only thing that will eat them but they found out that they dont eat them.

my buddy has a camp up north and once they started seeing fishers they noticed that the squirrel population plumeted. they used to have tons of grey and black squirrels...ive been hunting up there for probably 5 years now and i havent seen a squirrel yet...i have seen many different porcis...i havent seen a fisher yet...found tracks...the population seems to be pretty strong though...different guys have seen fishers way far apart around the same time on the same day...and a guy ran a trap line across the road and caught and released like 4 or something last year...the PGC proposed a season for them...im pumped...might have to learn to trap! we go up for a week or so between Christmas and Newyears every year..

i saw something in a different county i cant ID...it was either a weasle, mink, or fisher...all i know is when it came through the chipmunks in the area went NUTS and didnt like it at all...i didnt realize how much higher i was in my stand than im used to so i couldnt get a good judgment of size on it...
Yes they do eat porcipines, not sure where you heard that one! It is one of the few predaters a porcipine has.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maryland has a regulated season on them, nov1-jan19, with a limit of 1 per season. I thought I saw one in my chickens one night about a year ago (before I put in more fencing to secure things) but it may have been aweasel too.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

You may have seen a pine marten they eat alot of squirrels, they are a little smaller than a fisher and pale in color
Old 04-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are a pretty cool animal!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)

Quick Reply: Anyone have a photo of a "Fisher" (animal)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.