HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My search for a new bow begins.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/243064-my-search-new-bow-begins.html)

Vabowman 04-19-2008 06:22 PM

My search for a new bow begins..

I had an hour to kill this afternoon so I went to the local archery shop up the road. He is a Bowtech dealer, so I went to look at several bows. He told me he was the only one in the shop and since it's not just an archery shop, he wouldn't be able to set anything up so I could shoot it. Fair enough, he was only going to be open another hr anyway, and people were swamping him for fishing tackle, so I just kicked the tires on a few bows he had. I held and drew the 82 nd, the General, the Marquis, and the Ally. I was most impressed with the Ally, but nothing else caught my eye. I did not like the general simply b/c it would be extremely slow for my DL at 26.5 " with 8.5 " brace! Now, the Ally was pretty sweet, but it was an 07 I believe and he was still asking 700$ for it, I thuoght it was a bit high for that yr model. I did not like the Marquis in my hand, I really did not like the string supressor where it is located. I don't know why, I just think it will get in the way or something, he did tell me it makes kissers pretty tough to do, so Im not too thrilled about that. I did not get to shoot anything, he had no Black Ice bows to even hold, but I will shoot both the Black Ice and Marquis, I don't think I will shoot the 82 nd or 101 st simply b/c Im not going to spend that amount on a bow. The Ally was pushing it for 700$ I got roughly 950-1000$ to play with here and I would like to get it under 950$ for everything I need on the bow, rest, sight, quiver, stabilizer, string supressor. It may not be possible unless I find an 07 for cheap or get a really good deal from someone!!;);)

Swift Arrow 04-19-2008 07:34 PM

RE: My search for a new bow begins..

Why not just wait until October for the 09's to come out and see what they got? Don't you still have a bow or two that you can use in the mean time? You'll probably be kicking yourself for not waiting, it's just around the corner. Heck, they may even lower the price on that 07 Allegiance just to clear it off the shelf.

Oneshot7 04-19-2008 07:53 PM

For the right price would you be interested in a used bow???

Myersbuck 04-19-2008 08:39 PM

I got my loaded 07 all off AT for $500

Rick James 04-19-2008 10:59 PM

Honestly I feel that the Allegiance is hard to beat in a hunting bow. When you think of performance, forgiveness, and the company's ability to support you for years to come (read: stability as a company) I don't see anything that comes close. I will have an 07 or 08 Allegiance to hunt with before deer season gets here. I had an 05' and loved it, the 07-08 models are only better.

TeeJay 04-20-2008 03:25 AM

Buy a Mathews then you wont have to start all the tuning threads.:D

blackfish 04-20-2008 05:44 AM

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Buy a Mathews then you wont have to start all the tuning threads.:D
Ya I know I can go a 1/16 either way with the rest and a 1/4 either way nocking point and still get very exceptable arrow flight I really don t see how guys can knock those bows?But it is a bowtech site

SwampCollie 04-20-2008 06:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Honestly I feel that the Allegiance is hard to beat in a hunting bow. When you think of performance, forgiveness, and the company's ability to support you for years to come (read: stability as a company) I don't see anything that comes close. I will have an 07 or 08 Allegiance to hunt with before deer season gets here. I had an 05' and loved it, the 07-08 models are only better.

x2

I'll tell ya Landon, the Ice is surely nice, but I didn't really know you were considering an Ally. It and the tribute are two of the finest hunting bows ever produced. The Ally will definately give you more speed than the Ice though.

Vabowman 04-20-2008 08:08 AM

Andy I wasn't really looking at an Ally until I held one and drew it yesterday, it felt good....I need to shoot one.

Hoyt_Viper 04-20-2008 08:15 AM

Landon,

One word for ya...HOYT!