Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My search for a new bow begins.. >

My search for a new bow begins..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My search for a new bow begins..

Old 04-20-2008, 08:18 AM

Default RE: My search for a new bow begins..

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Buy a Mathews then you wont have to start all the tuning threads.
X2
Old 04-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I'll second that! I would not over look the Hoyts!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Buy a Mathews then you wont have to start all the tuning threads.
X2
X3
Old 04-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

i tell ya i agree with waitin for 09's... only couple more months.. plus you could tuck lil extra back here an there an have couple 5 dollar bills here an quaters there you'll save up quickly.. but i guess if you got the itch that bad.. waitin that long jus wont work
Old 04-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

If you are looking at a Bowtech, make sure that you look at he equilizer. It is specifically designed for shorter drawlength shooters. I have never shot one (since my drawlength is 29 1/2) but it should give you awesome speed at the shorter draw.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:49 PM

Mathews are great bows, just out of my $ range. Hoyt make a fine bow, but they are a bit heavy and do not like the riser, Black Ice or Ally?? which ne will it be??
Old 04-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Listen vabowman if you want smoothness get the General nothing will beat it! If its speed your worried about I can give you a set-up that will produce speed for you and kill all in one!
Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 PM

I had a bow that was fast, Im not looking for speed, but I do want something moderate, not too slow, not too fast somewhere in the middle. 270 +/- fps range. I do want smooth, but I understand that hand shock will not be eliminated, but guys, Im coming from an X Force, it don't get much more hard/fast/unsmooth than that!! The General is smooth, but with a 26.5 " DL, I will be lucky to shoot in 220's not going to cut the mustard for me. I want to shoot the Black Ice and the Ally, the Equalizer only comes with max limbsat 60 lbs. I shoot a 365 gr arrow and I need to pull at least 70# to achieve the things I want to achieve. 270's is not a speed demon nor is it a creeper, I want to find this, but Im not dumping 850$ into a bare bow and then have to add the accessories. I will settle for a new 07 model, a left over one that a shop hasn't sold or something, I think I know where I can get a Black Ice if I choose that one, but I want to get whatever I get by June so I can shoot it all summer and get used to it.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Honestly I feel that the Allegiance is hard to beat in a hunting bow. When you think of performance, forgiveness, and the company's ability to support you for years to come (read: stability as a company) I don't see anything that comes close.
I've owned several Bowtechs and a Mathews, too. I'll agree with everything RJ says.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

I guess if I was to be in the shop for a new bow, and my decision was other than a new Hoyt, it would be the Black Ice. Diamond (Bowtech) has engineered a quality product. I know that last year when buying my Hoyt I looked at the Ice and it shot extremely fast and quiet.

I dont know how you actually notice a pound difference in weight, but my choice in Hoyt has impressed me. Thats why I chose my Vipertec. I personally came up shooting a recurve and its real funky with the new risers and parallel limbs that are being incorporated with the hybrid and 2cam.I actually have the XT2000 limbs on mine. Those limbs look ancient to what Mathews and Bowtech makes now, but shooting is identical. I may be off about 5-10 fps from the new risers and limbs, but my arrows go where I want them at the same pulling weight.

Go with what feels the best when shooting it...only you know how that feels.

Quick Reply: My search for a new bow begins..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.