HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   How often do you get a new bow? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/243050-how-often-do-you-get-new-bow.html)

Rory/MO 04-19-2008 04:10 PM

How often do you get a new bow?

just wondering how often some people get new bows, i dont get a new one, till i need one.

kodiak41226 04-19-2008 04:23 PM

RE: How often do you get a new bow?

I've really been thinking about buying a General or Guardian, but the price tags keep holding me back. When I first bought my Patriot it was leaps and bounds better than the Martin I was shooting at the time, therefore I didn't really have a problem spending the money. I just don't think I'll get the same satisfaction out of a new bow over my Patriot.

glockman55 04-19-2008 04:55 PM

I replace mine about every 8 to 10 years, I can't see changing bows every one or two years. Waist of money, besides I buy a Mathews and there is no need to replace so often...

BGfisher 04-19-2008 06:04 PM

I replace mine between 8 and 18 months. Not because I need one. There eally is no way to wear a bow out so as to NEED one. It's more a matter of WANT.

JimPic 04-19-2008 06:34 PM

Other.So far this year,I bought 4 custom bows--2 Shafer recurves,1Shaferlongbow,and a black Widow longbow.And the traditional rendezvouz' didn't even start yet

Matt / PA 04-19-2008 06:40 PM

Bout' every 3 weeks........:D

I'm nowhere near as bad as Jim (good lord man [8D]) but for this year I did manage to round up 2 new longbows, (A Horne and Morrison) and a new Bear Super Kodiak recurve to go along with the Black Widow, as well as the Marquis, General, Airborne 82 and Constitution.
Problem is I still want an Allegiance.........:eek:

Swift Arrow 04-19-2008 07:30 PM

Will keep my Black Ice for about 5 years or more. There will always be more hype and great looking bows out on the market to tempt me in between then but I can't afford a new one for now. I may end up getting a Martin Bengal or something as a back up, dunno...

whitetailbowhunter 04-19-2008 07:32 PM

Well the way it has been going for the past 3 years ever year! Except last year was 6 months.[&:]

Rory/MO 04-19-2008 08:40 PM

god with the price of gas, and bows, and everything going up, how do you guys manage to do that!!!!

Swift Arrow 04-19-2008 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

god with the price of gas, and bows, and everything going up, how do you guys manage to do that!!!!
I save up all the money that I would otherwise waste on beer if I were to try and keep up with some of my friends and family who do drink. In other words, I do not drink and they drink a lot! Also replace that first word with Jesus because he knows my desires. :)