Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How often do you get a new bow? >

How often do you get a new bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
1 year
23.94%
2 years
4.23%
3 years
18.31%
4 years
5.63%
5 + years
23.94%
other
23.94%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

How often do you get a new bow?

Old 04-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How often do you get a new bow?

just wondering how often some people get new bows, i dont get a new one, till i need one.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:23 PM

Default RE: How often do you get a new bow?

I've really been thinking about buying a General or Guardian, but the price tags keep holding me back. When I first bought my Patriot it was leaps and bounds better than the Martin I was shooting at the time, therefore I didn't really have a problem spending the money. I just don't think I'll get the same satisfaction out of a new bow over my Patriot.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

I replace mine about every 8 to 10 years, I can't see changing bows every one or two years. Waist of money, besides I buy a Mathews and there is no need to replace so often...
Old 04-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I replace mine between 8 and 18 months. Not because I need one. There eally is no way to wear a bow out so as to NEED one. It's more a matter of WANT.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Other.So far this year,I bought 4 custom bows--2 Shafer recurves,1Shaferlongbow,and a black Widow longbow.And the traditional rendezvouz' didn't even start yet
Old 04-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bout' every 3 weeks........

I'm nowhere near as bad as Jim (good lord man [8D]) but for this year I did manage to round up 2 new longbows, (A Horne and Morrison) and a new Bear Super Kodiak recurve to go along with the Black Widow, as well as the Marquis, General, Airborne 82 and Constitution.
Problem is I still want an Allegiance.........
Old 04-19-2008, 07:30 PM

Will keep my Black Ice for about 5 years or more. There will always be more hype and great looking bows out on the market to tempt me in between then but I can't afford a new one for now. I may end up getting a Martin Bengal or something as a back up, dunno...
Old 04-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the way it has been going for the past 3 years ever year! Except last year was 6 months.[&:]
Old 04-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

god with the price of gas, and bows, and everything going up, how do you guys manage to do that!!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

god with the price of gas, and bows, and everything going up, how do you guys manage to do that!!!!
I save up all the money that I would otherwise waste on beer if I were to try and keep up with some of my friends and family who do drink. In other words, I do not drink and they drink a lot! Also replace that first word with Jesus because he knows my desires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.