Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How often do you get a new bow? >

How often do you get a new bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
1 year
23.94%
2 years
4.23%
3 years
18.31%
4 years
5.63%
5 + years
23.94%
other
23.94%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

How often do you get a new bow?

Old 04-19-2008, 08:56 PM

Default RE: How often do you get a new bow?

I'm in the fortunate position of working in an archery shop, so I get a new one every year.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just about every couple of monthsIn 03 I bought 2-Hoyts, 1- High Country, 1- Mathews, and 2 Bowtechs in a span of less than 3 months. The Bowtechs were the only ones to remain until the end of the year. I have always bought a couple of new Bows each year. Do I need them? Nope!!but it's pretty much the only vice I have and I have a very understanding wife.

It's what I like!!! BOWS!! I've owned somewhere between 60 and 80 personal bows.

Dan
Old 04-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

god with the price of gas, and bows, and everything going up, how do you guys manage to do that!!!!
I also just bought a '06 Nissan 350z in February.I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy.By year's end,I'll most likely wind up picking up a couple of more bows
Old 04-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Spike

Whenever my rep sends me a new one (every 3-6 months) have the Machx,Xforce6,Xforce7,dreamseason and the SSXforce right now.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

A new primary bow to hunt with 1-2 years, on the other hand I collect bows, compounds, recurves and so forth, so sometimes I get a bow every two weeks.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have bowhunted for the pasttwenty years. In those twenty years I didn't bow hunt three of them, two I was on my mission for my church. And the thrid was the year my son was born and we were spending lots of time in and money going down to the hosptials in Salt Lake, Utah. So in 17 years I have had 8 new bows. 1989, 1991, 1997, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. I have worked in a pro shop these last few years so thats why I have had so many new bows lately. Being honest, for most hunters and archers, unless something so revoulutionary comes out I don't see needing a new boweach year. IMO a archer who buys a new bowonce every 5 to 8 years is stillkeeping up with the latest bow technology. If money is no issue then buy as many as you like, but if your on a tight budget I feelyour better off saving you money. One bit of advice I have learned to help you with this. PlusI have seenseveral people do is this myself is this. If you saveall you coins/loose change each and everyday, along with a extra buck or two or maybe $5 or even $10every now and then. In5 years you will save up enough money for a new bow. For most peopleif theydid this for a entire year, they will have savedat least $200 bucks a year.Of course in 5 years you will have more than enough to buy a top of the line newhunting bow. This is notincluding thecost of setting it up fully, but it will buy thebare bow and it will get it themstarted on the accessories.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been bow hunting since 1993 and the only reason I got a new bow 4 years ago was due to ignorance...
I left my bow on the ground by my truck and when I went back a few hours later it was gone.
Oops!
I looked high and low for three weeks, checking with pawn shops, police, game wardens, etc...

I then broke down and bought my new Matthews and wouldn't you know, I bumped into the guy who found it.
My wife loved me for this...
So I sold the old bow and took here to a fancy restaurant, she still reminds me though!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm averaging a new bow every 15 years!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, my first bow I had for about 5 years, and my second bow I had for about 4 years. We will see how long I have my third one.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

I save up all the money that I would otherwise waste on beer if I were to try and keep up with some of my friends and family who do drink. In other words, I do not drink and they drink a lot! Also replace that first word with Jesus because he knows my desires.
Quote from Ben Franklin, "Beer is proof that God loves us". I've never wasted a dime on beer. All well spent in my opinion. I shoot the lastest and greatest bows every year, and if one feels better than the one I'm currently shooting, I buy it. No real timetable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.