Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Injuries >

Hunting Injuries

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Never hurt myself (knock on wood).
16.57%
Ankle
6.86%
Knee
6.29%
Hip
2.29%
Back
5.14%
Arm
4.00%
Shoulder
4.00%
Head
3.43%
Heart Attack
1.71%
Cuts/Abrasions/Stitches
21.14%
Car accident on my way to go hunting
1.71%
Other
4.57%
I am the man of STEEL - invincible! ** I'm flexing right now **
9.71%
This poll is gay.
12.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting Injuries

Old 04-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Hunting Injuries

You guys are wimps.[8D]
Any of you girls coming to the get together this should be easy for someUFC action.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I injured my pride today.[8D]
That should heal pretty quick Rob with no lasting effects.

I fell of the side of a tree a few years back. I grabbed a small limb on the way down and presto, seperated shoulder.

It took a year to get over that little stunt

Dan
Old 04-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

I've never been hurt while hunting I am a man of steele and I'm flexing while I type this.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was once unloading a three wheeler off a tilt trailer with a hang on stand attached to the back rack. Well i parked on a hill [&:]pulled the pin jumped on the three wheeler and started riolling backwards, it went into warp speed and dummie me hit the back brake fliping it onto me and sending the gripper claws on the tre stand into my right A$$ cheek it left a 10 inch long gash and a hell of a blood trail [X(]not to mention it ripped my real tree hunting pants [:@]yes this is an 80's story and cut fingers several times from broad heads. cut fingers while field dressing (no TUCO they did not swell up [:@])>>>BAM<<<[8D]
Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

My string broke drawing back once. I voted arm and Gay pole.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are those fat fingers i see there?? ouch!!! [&o]
ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

My string broke drawing back once. I voted arm and Gay pole.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was limbing out a pine tree for a lock onstand. I sawed thru a limb and followed thru across one of my knuckles. I bent my finger to see if I cut a tendon. The cut opened up and I could see my tendon (they are white in case your wondering). Since the finger still worked I decided to finish hanging the stand. I kept dabbing my hand under my armpit to sop up the blood. The cut should have been stitched but I didn't want to quit hunting so I butterflyed it and wrapped it tight. I reopened the cut the next day drawing on a doe. I smoked her
Old 04-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Not personally, but my brother fell while climbing out of his stand. He was 15 ft up and the first couple steps down were branches, after that he had the "U" shaped screw in tree steps. One of the branches broke and he fell about 5 ft until one of the screw in steps hooked him under the rib cage. He managed to get his foot on the next lower step and pick himself up to dislodge himself, but he ended up with 3 broken ribs and a pretty good scar where the step went in. He came close to puncturing a lung, and needed help getting out of the woods. Its a good idea to carry 2 way radios or a cell phone for just such an accident.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:44 PM

my brother-n-law &I were hanging a stand the week before opening day and got finished up, hauled up the bow for a shot or two to ck yardage, jumped up and down a few times to ck the set and lowered the bow. I turned to face the tree to dismount and heard a pop, to my surprise the tree started to grow?????? 18ft. down I went caught a climbing stick rung (home made) in the right knee cap, then stuck one in my inner thigh near my boys, that one ripped around to my left knee-cap.. then I rolled offto fall the remaining four foot to the ground .Blood lost- nearly 1/3 my total, Fall -900+stitches, Time off work- 4 weeks, Time in the woods- All of bow season and most all of gun , Climbing up a tree without a harness -priceless !!!!!! Think before you climb, it wont count if you don't come home..
Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just some cuts here and there, and that is all I hope to ever get.

Quick Reply: Hunting Injuries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.