Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Injuries >

Hunting Injuries

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Never hurt myself (knock on wood).
16.57%
Ankle
6.86%
Knee
6.29%
Hip
2.29%
Back
5.14%
Arm
4.00%
Shoulder
4.00%
Head
3.43%
Heart Attack
1.71%
Cuts/Abrasions/Stitches
21.14%
Car accident on my way to go hunting
1.71%
Other
4.57%
I am the man of STEEL - invincible! ** I'm flexing right now **
9.71%
This poll is gay.
12.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting Injuries

Old 04-18-2008, 09:15 AM

Default RE: Hunting Injuries

I was climbing with a new climber one morning and didnt quite have the straps adjusted yet. Made it about 15 ft up before I lost the bottom. But its ok thank god myprivates were there to catch me when I hit the bottom of the tree and the stand tilted sideways.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Just a pretty decent cut from one of my broadheds, and a good nick when i was field dressing a doe.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have cut myself while field dressing deer a few times that resulted in stitches. Took a fall off of my second clombing stick a few years back and longed a good sized stick in my left forearm. Went hom had mom look at it(she's an ER nurse) she deemed it safe to remove. She gave me some stitches at the house and that was that. All of my bad injuries came from riding broncs.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Schultzy, you are part animal!!!!!
That was about 10 years ago the last time I got stung by that many bee's. I'm guessing now i might react a bit differently.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

We were dragging a doe out one evening and reached a fenceline after dark on the way out. I crossed first and the other two in our party handed all the guns across to me. One of the guys decided he could throw the doe over the fence so told me to step back to clear the landing area. I took one step back, then a second but found no ground. I fell backwards into a ditch but was able to hold all three rifles up so none of them hit anything. My back was a little sore the next day.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I slipped out in Colorado 1 year broke a couple of ribs. That was the longest ride of my life 12 miles down a dirt road in an old pick up with broken ribs at 7000 feet.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have anything too eventful. Cuts, abrasions, and a few twisted ankles.

The worst happened while practicing with the bow out of a buddy's treestand. I got to about 12 or 13 feet when both the climber and the platform slipped out from under me. It was summer and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The only way to stop from breaking my ankles or legs was to hug the shag bark tree on the way down. My arms and stomach looked like someone ran a cheese grater over me.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:00 AM

In 1997 I was high mountain elk hunting in Idaho. Standing above a drop off, my feet went out from under me and I found myself sliding down the hill towards a cliff. To stop I jammed my left foot against a rock. It held, but my momentum twisted my knee severely, completely tearing my ACL and damaging the miniscus. I crawled back up the hill, then used my rifle as a crutch to walk about 3 miles back to my truck. Later had complete ACL replacement surgery.

Last year my brother-in-law Miah took a load of buckshot in the facewhen his hunting partner, not knowing Miah's position, swung right at him after a dove in AZ. He ended up loosing his left eye,but they saved the right one.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: trouthunter

In 1997 I was high mountain elk hunting in Idaho. Standing above a drop off, my feet went out from under me and I found myself sliding down the hill towards a cliff. To stop I jammed my left foot against a rock. It held, but my momentum twisted my knee severely, completely tearing my ACL and damaging the miniscus. I crawled back up the hill, then used my rifle as a crutch to walk about 3 miles back to my truck. Later had complete ACL replacement surgery.

Last year my brother-in-law took a load of buckshot in the facewhen dove hunting in AZand lost an eye.
That is horrible! I'm sorry to hear that. He's lucky to still be with us. You can never be too safe.

BTW, who uses buckshot to dove hunt?[&:]
Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 AM

Um..."buckshot" as in a general term for shot. I'm sure they were using dove loads. (I forget that people here hunt deer with "buckshot", so I should have used the term "dove shot" )

Quick Reply: Hunting Injuries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.