Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
general
28.17%
commander
4.23%
allegiance
42.25%
guardian
25.35%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

bowtech

Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech

If hunting is your main use for the bow i would go the smoother draw route. But that's just me! I beliive being able to draw back on a deer without haveing to jerk or draw very fast is very important for hunting.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently shot the General, Allegiance and Guardian. I liked the Guardian best followed by the General and the Allegiance least. All three were great shooting bows, if I get one of it will be the Guardian.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

The Guardian is my favorite Bowtech hunting bow to date...........It's almost as quick as an Allegiance, has a little more mass weight, whisper quiet and no recoil. Points and shoots like a dream for a short bow.

Sounds like the General
Old 04-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I've owned the guardian and the allegiance. I've shot them all.

If I were in the market.....I'd buy the allegiance.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Don't sacrifice anything.

Get the Ally
Old 04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kamil

which one of these do you think is the smoothest shooting?
Alley
Old 04-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kamil

would u guys sacrifice a little speed for a smoother draw?
Yes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 PM

I will say the general is by far the smoothest shooting bow (especially with nothing on it compared to others "naked" as they say) but I would go with the Ally if I were you... and I was a little while ago... and I did go with the Ally lol
Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

The Guardian is my favorite Bowtech hunting bow to date...........It's almost as quick as an Allegiance, has a little more mass weight, whisper quiet and no recoil. Points and shoots like a dream for a short bow.

I couldn't have said it better Matt. I also think the Guardian is a very, very user friendly Bow.

It is a Blast to shoot!

Dan
Old 04-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you are wanting to just shoot around and maybe shoot some 3d for fun and mostly hunt is would say go for the ally, general, or guardian. the commander is probably less of what you are looking for although its a great bow. then you need to pick what you need. as far as ata. do you want super short or just a regular size. speed. but remember with bows as quiet as the g's you dont need to worry quite as much about speed for hunting.handshock. the general out of 1-10 would bea 1 at most on the handshock scale. i chose the general b/c i did like the ata and how smooth everything seemed to be. the guardian would have been my choice if i werent hunting so much. either way. dont let opinions on here sway you. you have your info on the bows and their charectaristics. just narrow it down. good luck! its gonna be a hard decision. i know it was for me.

Quick Reply: bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.