HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Die Hard Bowhunter/Anti-Orange army hunters! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/242669-die-hard-bowhunter-anti-orange-army-hunters.html)

WesternMdHardwoods 04-16-2008 04:00 PM

Die Hard Bowhunter/Anti-Orange army hunters!

I know there are a lot of people in here that bowhunt and bowhunt ONLY! I myself would love the chance to only have a bowseason only! Although I would love it, I realy feel I would miss the fun/get togethers/ and comradery between myself and the gun hunters??

So my question is for those of you that are BOWHUNT ONLY what made you want to hunt just this way? Also did you ever have a group of gun hunters(deer camp) to go with, and if so how did you break it to everyone that you would not be joining them anymore for rifle season??

MN/Kyle 04-16-2008 04:03 PM

RE: Die Hard Bowhunter/Anti-Orange army hunters!

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I know there are a lot of people in here that bowhunt and bowhunt ONLY! I myself would love the chance to only have a bowseason only! Although I would love it, I realy feel I would miss the fun/get togethers/ and comradery between myself and the gun hunters??

So my question is for those of you that are BOWHUNT ONLY what made you want to hunt just this way? Also did you ever have a group of gun hunters(deer camp) to go with, and if so how did you break it to everyone that you would not be joining them anymore for rifle season??
I bowhunt only. But I don't miss out on anything. Rifle hunting is a big thing to my family, I value the time spent with them, I just don't take my rifle in the woods, I take my bow.

As for the reason, rifle hunting wasn't doing it for me anymore. I didn't get nervous, I didn't feel excited...nothing. They only thing I hunt with a gun is pheasants. If the feeling ever leaves me when I'm bowhunting, I'll be done with that too. I don't think it ever will;)

MeanV2 04-16-2008 04:07 PM

Only thing I've ever hunted with a Gun is Turkey as far as bigger game goes. I never saw a need nor did I ever have a desire to join the Orange Army;)

Dan

cctex 04-16-2008 04:10 PM

Here in Texas the month of October is bowhunting only. When gun season starts in November we can still bowhunt until gun season closes which is sometime in January depending what part of the state you are in. I started bowhunting 2 years ago because it was more challenging and different. I'm hooked now, I only gun hunted twice last year. Did not mention that out of the group I hunt with I'm the only one to bowhunt.

Schultzy 04-16-2008 04:12 PM

Gun hunting never was a big thing in my family. We've all been strictly bow hunting from the get go. Gun hunting just don't appeal to me. To each his own though as long as your doing it respectfully.

early in 04-16-2008 04:14 PM

I've killed my share of deer with both rifle and shotgun and thoughtthe bow was more up close and personal. Not to mention more difficult.I likethe "20 yrd game" of bowhunting. You learn more about the deer's habits, body language, andsounds they make, having to get them so close.JMO;)

magicman54494 04-16-2008 04:17 PM

I started out rifle hunting. I took up bow hunting 3 years later. I prefer to bow hunt but I still rifle hunt. I just love to hunt so I don't think I will ever give up rifle hunting. I started muzzleloader hunting a few years back and really love it. Each weapon/ season has something a little different to offer and I embrace everyone.

RLoving1 04-16-2008 06:00 PM

I'm the first in my family to take up archery hunting.I will take the bow during general season too,I'm taking it up for more season,challenge,just something different.If Texas had a Bumper season I'd drive a junker and try it...I avoid enough wild hogs now in the new 08there should beone!:DWhen I hunt during rifle season I go armed! Centerfire rifle(whatever pops up),AR(yotes),rimfire(tree rats),shotgun(quail),handgun(I like my ears ringing),crossbow(cause I got it),Compound(challenge),and this is for weekend hunts;).

Rory/MO 04-16-2008 07:44 PM

im gonna stick to bowhunting during bowseason, and using my muzzleloader during rifle season. [/align]

MOhunter46 04-16-2008 07:49 PM

This is just me, but it's hunting no matter what and i enjoy them both.